Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Hello….just took a few online quizzes and now I KNOW I have a problem

Notices

Old 03-14-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello. I am new today. I just took a few online questionaires and now KNOW I have a drinking problem….like I didn't know! I am a 53 yr old female. Moved up to our retirement home/cabin when a job opened up for me, and my wonderful Husband of 33+years gave me his blessing. He comes up on the weekends and all of our quality time is spent here and always has been. We have a great group of friends, none of them are alcoholics, but we do enjoy cocktails together. This may be tough….How do I begin to recover when all of our friends and most family share our time together socializing with cocktails? I am all alone during the week, and have been drinking excessively for more than 5 years. It has caused issues in many respect for a long time….where do I begin?
Old 03-14-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You begin by not drinking today. Just one day at a time. And when those one days have added up to a few months, see how you feel then, how your life is going. I think you'll find that alcohol is not needed to live and that you'll live a lot better without it.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Welcome, Detia, to the lifeboat. Grab an oar and row.

You've already begun. Just like the rest of us. Read around the forums, there are as many ways to control your addiction as there are members.

Glad you found us. Hope we can help.