Notices

Here's where I am now

Old 03-14-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
What someone told me that I thought put it in good perspective was to "take what you want and leave the rest".
Sassy
One of the best pieces of advice from wise AAers. AA has much to offer if one can get over the ego, pride, anger and "but I'm not like you" mentality that is often the case with us addicts.

I'm far from a regular but I have a sponsor who has NEVER given up on me in the last 5 years of wrestling with long-term sobriety. And I'm off to a meeting tonight where I will let the opinions of pink-clouders and zealots wash over me and delight in saying "hello" to a bunch of really good people who are just trying to stay sober today.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:25 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I'm extreemly happy and thankful AA & NA has helped save the lives of some very dear friends . They are happy nowdays and live full lives, some involved with NA & AA and some without .
It's not my path but if i felt it would be helpful to me, i'd talk to someone long term sober whom i admire and respect to get their take on it rather than anything from a web search .

Bestwishes, M
Old 03-14-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nattythreads View Post
With respect, it's no more your job to do that than it is Britabroads' to come on here and make expansive generalizations.

As Dee rightly pointed out "If I've learnt one thing here, it's that people are admirably capable of making up their own minds."
Thanks, That statement was made when I was a bit hot under the collar, but you are right!