Notices

A blow to the fragile

Old 03-13-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A blow to the fragile

I went to check the mail. There is a large key for the larger box. I have a package. In my mind I was thinking, "Let this be something positive!". I looked on the label. Its from the company that fired me. I shake the box, I know that it is the Vitamins and herbs that i have donated to the staff. A blow to the little bit of me that is standing..... I run to my house. I throw the package down, refusing to let it in to my sacred space. Open the door, close the door and sob.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
I went to check the mail. There is a large key for the larger box. I have a package. In my mind I was thinking, "Let this be something positive!". I looked on the label. Its from the company that fired me. I shake the box, I know that it is the Vitamins and herbs that i have donated to the staff. A blow to the little bit of me that is standing..... I run to my house. I throw the package down, refusing to let it in to my sacred space. Open the door, close the door and sob.
You are strong Mizzuno. You are in my thoughts.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is when I call my sponsor.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 03-13-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I'm sorry Mizzuno.... I know it's been hard, but with time and sobriety, life will be good again and this will be a part of the past. Keep looking forward and take it a day at a time......
Old 03-13-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have lost several jobs over the past 5 or 6 years due to my alcoholism. I know exactly how you feel. I told one company to to just throw out my stuff and walked out of the building. They kept calling me saying they have all this crap of mine in a box at reception. There was no way I was showing my face there again. That person wasn't me and I doubt anyone from that job would recognize me today without the puffy face, blood-shot eyes, and 'beer belly'. On to newer, hopeful things!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh, ouch. I'm sorry.

That was your old life. This is your new life. Like the old 70s movie, "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore," you've moved on and you're not the same person. You are stronger every day. We all have *(&&% in our lives that make us wince to think about, and some of them aren't even alcohol-related. We did them sober. At least I did them sober. Don't let guilt, shame and remorse do a car-jacking on your life and make you drive to the liquor store. Hang in there, and toss the dang box.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Please don't take it too hard. You're onto a new beginning now.

It wouldn't matter if they sent your old chair because they thought it was contaminated. You're done with them. That boss sounded kind of fishy to me anyway.

I hope you'll embrace your new direction and let the past be the past.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

A reminder from the bad old days .

I'm glad your with the winning team now, we pick ourselves up and re-double our comitment to our new lives .

Mizz

Bestwishes, M
Old 03-13-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I let out the emotion and moved on. I'm not beating myself up all that much. I'm just feeling the effects. Things are improving.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you're doing great and getting through a zinger like that is very positive.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Sorry Mizzuno-glad you're able to move forward and not let it get to you too much. It's okay to sob and let it all out, it's healthy actually. You're going to bounce back sober and stronger than ever-their loss!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Honestly, there is something very wrong with that place. Just...very unprofessional and petty to boot.

Be glad you are out of there and focus on yourself and finding a healthier place to work.

((((Hugs))))
Hanna
Old 03-13-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

UPDATE: I Was offered a job. So, I took it. Also, I have about 10 companies sending me their product to Demo ( Natural Beauty products and supplements) . My plan is that I will work this gig,and then build up on the Demos so that i can work my own hours. Eventually leading me to be able to manage myself. Ill have free time to focus on education and setting my sights onto brighter horizons. All in time.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you took a new job Miz.
New beginning and new starts

best wishes

D
Old 03-13-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

WOW - that was quick!

Sounds like a good beginning.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Mizzuno,
great attitude. Onward and upward.

Love
caiHong
Old 03-14-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Happy Dance!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Great news Mizzuno ,
Just keep on, one little thing at a time, working on it , stay stong and then you'll see .

Bestwishes, M
Old 03-14-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
UPDATE: I Was offered a job. So, I took it. Also, I have about 10 companies sending me their product to Demo ( Natural Beauty products and supplements) . My plan is that I will work this gig,and then build up on the Demos so that i can work my own hours. Eventually leading me to be able to manage myself. Ill have free time to focus on education and setting my sights onto brighter horizons. All in time.
If you schedule in some regular meetings I'm sure all will turn out well.

All the best.

Bob R