Notices

Ok....

Old 03-15-2013, 03:33 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Congrats on your decision and your commiments to your charities too.
I just downloaded a sample (42 pages) of Jason Vale's book, it was rec. On another website.
Did you finish reading it yet?
Old 03-15-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Fandy - yes I finished it - I read it quite a while ago when I was starting to think about my drinking. His approach is that alcohol does nothing for him and he is better off without. He states that there is no such thing as 'alcoholism' and his way of stoppong is a positive approach - very simpllified explanation. It's a bit lie Craig Beck's book 'Alcohol lied to me'. I can't really explain it properly but I found it useful I have read so many books now. I just makes you look at drinking in a way I hadn't considered before. Every bit helps Hope you find it useful
Old 03-15-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
Thanks Deeker. ......St Paddy's day here in Ireland this weekend - big excuse for a 72 hour **** up. Not for me - I am going to be 'good' lol Talk soon Deeker - have a great weekend

Trachemys - I am doing this - can't wait to be confident enough to say this too!!
Yah you will be fine! The more days you get under your belt, the more you will appreciate those mornings waking up sober and it will do wonders for your self esteem. I had so much shame and now- what's shame? Feels darn good!