Notices

48 hours and still no withdrawl symptoms(hydrocodene)

Old 03-12-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

48 hours and still no withdrawl symptoms(hydrocodene)

For the past month I've been taking 20-40mg a day because I need a few root canals and I can't afford to go to the dentist.(well if I knew I was going to be spending this much on pills I could of been got my bad teeth pulled out)
Well It's been 2 days that I haven't taken any and I'm scared the withdrawl symptoms are gona come out of nowheres and hit me BAM lol..
I've tried just about every drug in the book atleast one and I've never had an addiction or withdrawl symptoms..
Well I need to get off this stuff cause it seems like im starting to take these things just to get high and Ive been staying inside my house getting loaded and feeling good,not wanting to go out or do anything..
My teeth useally hurt the worse around bed time so I useally just pop these pills as soon as I get off work and I take ibuprofen during the day..
Ok ok ok anyways I don't feel like I'm haveing withdrawl symptoms,is this normal after being off them for 2 days??or are the withdrawl symptoms coming?
Old 03-12-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You might be ok.
You are probably on the fence as far as addiction.
If you could take them at night, and not get sick during the day, you might have not reached the point of physical addiction yet.
But thats a big YET. Because you will get physically addicted eventually.
And if you liked them as much as you seem to, you certainly might have some mentally addictive qualities.
What are you doing to deal with it? Any recovery program?
Old 03-12-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know if that's 'normal', but I think you should talk to your dr about the pills and about your teeth. Maybe he can give you some advice on how to deal with your situation. It's good that you've stopped using the pills.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by westbank23 View Post
Ok ok ok anyways I don't feel like I'm haveing withdrawl symptoms,is this normal after being off them for 2 days??or are the withdrawl symptoms coming?
Well I am not a doctor but Thank God, I mean really Thank God! If you can quit without being dope sick that would be a total blessing.I hope you continue to feel well.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Have you tried Alleve at night? Two pills last eight hours. That might get you through the night.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Edited
Old 03-12-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel View Post
You might be ok.
You are probably on the fence as far as addiction.
If you could take them at night, and not get sick during the day, you might have not reached the point of physical addiction yet.
But thats a big YET. Because you will get physically addicted eventually.
And if you liked them as much as you seem to, you certainly might have some mentally addictive qualities.
What are you doing to deal with it? Any recovery program?
Yep I only take them when I get off work at 8pm..I don't have any recovery program,I pretty much just stoped takeing them and these past couple days I aviod going home(where the pills are at)and ill go out with freinds for a drink or 2
Old 03-12-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I don't know if that's 'normal', but I think you should talk to your dr about the pills and about your teeth. Maybe he can give you some advice on how to deal with your situation. It's good that you've stopped using the pills.
It sucks cause I live pay check to pay check and doctors visits are expensive so that's a no no
Old 03-12-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Have you tried Alleve at night? Two pills last eight hours. That might get you through the night.
I might have to try that
Old 03-12-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by westbank23 View Post
It sucks cause I live pay check to pay check and doctors visits are expensive so that's a no no
Is there a free clinic in your area?
Old 03-12-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RocketQueen View Post
Is there a free clinic in your area?
Yea but they only work on appioments cause it's so busy..last time I scheduled an appointment it wasn't untill 3 weeks later..it sucks our governer cut health care big time and alot of the free clinics had to shut down..