Notices

Hi - Thomas -Lets talk about Kratom

Old 03-12-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi - Thomas -Lets talk about Kratom

It was my last D.O.C. but Ive had several various drug habits.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Is is really an addictive substance? I've read it's no more addictive than coffee. In addition, does it really alter your mood all that much? By that I mean is it like coffee or tea?

I don't know much about this substance, is the product you're using (or used) different that the organic substance used in SE Asia.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jkb

I too was confused about this so didn't repond but am curious?
Old 03-12-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just googled it. Says it's used for opiate withdrawal and can be "mildly habit forming" and "The habit forming properties of Kratom has been associated with those of Coffee, albeit less severe." (wikipedia)

Not deemed an illicit substance in the US, (although possession is illegal in thailand), but is on the "concern list".

Can you tell us a bit more from experience Crux? I'm intregued....

Also, welcome to SR
Old 03-12-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Thomas - welcome

I had to take this thread down for a while to discuss it with Admin.

Kratom is illegal in many parts of the world - (Including the UK and Australia where I live), it is addictive (at least if posts I've read here and elsewhere count for anything) and it is apparently possible to overdose on it.

It's listed as a drug of concern by the DEA.

http://www.justice.gov/dea/druginfo/...ets/Kratom.pdf

Naturally we want you to be able to share your story, and we realise Kratom use is on the increase....but we don't want to trigger anyone else either.

I hope you appreciate our caution, and hope everyone will be responsible in their posting.

Thanks

D
Old 03-12-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Is this back up yet?
Old 03-12-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

yes - sorry was just sending you a PM...

you're 'live'

D
Old 03-12-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This is my 2 cents on Kratom. - Its a narcotic.For me it was more addictive than coffee and way more expensive wich are two reasons why I ended up panhandling,stealing and lying to keep it in my bloodstream at all times...I dont avoid social situations because I cant score a cup of coffee - but then again coffee is plentiful and cheap....Kratom for me as an opiate addict - did for me what opiates do for me...I dont want to endorse this drug but - it did what opiates did for me without the immediate devastation of relapsing on hard narcotics and didnt feel as spiritually poisonous....I imagine though that it could - because of that reason - be more dangerous than hard drugs in that one may think they are getting away with self-medicating unhealthily...And depending on a narcotic rather than your Higher Power can be devastating in myriads upon myriads of ways....Also Im a lightweight and am easily satisfied with what some might would consider a mild dope habit and I imagine relapsing with kratom can and will lead oher addicts back on the fast-track to spiritual and physical death....Other than that I think its gonna be becoming more and more a natural replacement for suboxone and methadone.