Notices

Day 3

Old 03-12-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Day 3. Today is hard. I feel very tired. I seem to be eating a lot to compensate, which is bad. I have to weigh in Saturday to keep up my maintenance. I'm also having trouble focusing. I know I have to find something to keep me busy. But, I have no motivation. Will it come back? There is alcohol in my house. My husband hadn't slowed down on his drinking. I will say it feels great to wake up in the morning and feel normal! No headache, no heart pounding, no wondering if I'll make it thru the day! And no taking a few sips to feel better. I will get thru this day and evening! One day at a time. Posting on here helps put it all in perspective! Thanks for listening! Hope you all have a nice day!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
jkb

Hi Ritalola-
Good for you on 3 days... you are well on your way. Jess
Old 03-12-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Yea, day 3's are hard. You will feel better, you will get motivation back. Keep on keeping on.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Ritalola, Day 3? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks! This forum is awesome! You people are all truly amazing and inspiring!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Three days of freedom! Way to go!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've been walking everyday, that really seems to ease the cravings and work out the stress. It helps, but it's not a cure-all. Still IMO exercise is great tool for helping with sobriety.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Rita,
Congrats....I remember my initial days of sobriety when I used to keep counting my days eagerly but miserably...Now I am over 5 years sober and I do not need to count any day...I am a Director-HR and Operations in an American company having branch here in New Delhi-India....Today when I sometime look back I laugh at myself....I was in such a mess gulping two whole bottles of whiskey daily...I used to be drunk morning to night....Now when I introspect I feel most of my drinking was out of fear...I was **** scared of what is going to happen to my life and weather I will be able to make something worthwhile out of my life....My family life was a mess...and career was finished...But my ego did not want the world to know that I am just a scared and useless person....So I would get drunk with a hope of getting some sympathy from others that I am very intelligent and smart but poor me,I am hopelessly addicted to alcohol so cannot do anything with my life....Then I got admitted to rehabilitation center and with the help of A.A made it this far....Over a period of time I realized it does not matter what the world thinks of me-intelligent or idiot.....My own health,and sanity is what is important to me.When I am down and out ,I keep reminding myself there are millions of people in this world much worse than me who do not even get two times meal....That attitude helps....I am not writing all this to give some sermon but with a hope somewhere you can relate to it and find your answer....REMEMBER....ALCOHOL CAN NEVER BE AN ANSWER.
Take Care,
Sunder
Old 03-12-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Ritalola View Post
Thanks! This forum is awesome! You people are all truly amazing and inspiring!
And now you are, too!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Your motivation will return in time. It takes a lot of energy to become and stay sober; make sure you are easy on yourself! I'm a little over three months and I still have the up days as well as the down days. I'm having to learn so many new ways to deal without drinking and it is exhausting sometimes. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

One day at a time. It's tough but worth it. I can't imagine doing it with a drinker in the home ... but so far you're making it. Good for you.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Ritalola. I agree, Day 3 is very challenging - but you're making it through. I was exhausted and drained during those early days - but my motivation did come back. I became excited about life again - and filled with hope. You will get there. I'm glad you're posting your thoughts and feelings. It does help to not be alone with this.