Notices

Looking for a life change

Old 03-14-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking for a life change

I am 47 years old. Married 3 times, all to alcoholics/drug addicts. I have used drugs but mainly it has been alcohol since I was 14. I have been through stretches where I have not drank. My dad is has been sober for about 10 year. All 4 of my adult children are addicts/alcoholics. We are a family of dysfunction and I am ready for a real change! Not sure exactly where to start....
Old 03-14-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I come from a family of dysfunction too. I am one of 4 kids, all of us are addicts or alcoholics. I think I just finally got sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm one month sober and thankful every day. You can do it one day at a time.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I found the only solution to alcoholism of my sort at the tables of Alcoholics Anonymous.

terrisa, I'm sure with your history that you may have heard of it.

I found AA at 45 and I'm coming up on 70 soon. AA is making an old man out of me.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 03-14-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR Terrisa. Some people never see what they're doing to themselves - thankfully you are looking for a better life. I think you'll find SR to be a valuable tool. There is a lot of hope and support here. We're so glad you joined us.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((terrisa)) - Welcome to SR!! I came here because I was an addict, I also found out that I belonged in the friends & family forums because I have 3 XABFs (ex addict/alcoholic bf's) and several other loved ones who are As (addicts).

Great thing about SR is that it deals with addiction, no matter what side of the fence you are on! I tend to straddle that fence, but SR has always been there and I hope you soon feel the same way.

Welcome to the family!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy