Notices

Hello...I'm an alcoholic

Old 03-11-2013, 10:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello...I'm an alcoholic

Please let me introduce myself. I am An Alcoholic. It took me a very long time to admit that I was that person. I first told myself that I was young & carefree & I was just enjoying myself (even though I had 3-4 drinks before going out to drink). I then got into the worst battle ever..." I don't really have a problem, I JUST NEED TO DRINK IN MODERATION." I'm sure most of you know where moderation led me. Now here I am after "attacking" my husband (who is very supportive), cursing out his mother (who has also been very supportive), and peeing all over myself in front of them both! I have been a reader/ bystander on this site for a long time & I'm finally ready to commit to get sober...While there things that are more embarrassing, peeing on yourself in front of your mother-in-law is probably pretty high up! I hate the person alcohol has made me & I'm determined to stop it today!

My thoughts & well wishes are with everyone fighting a battle tonight
Old 03-11-2013, 10:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ba**ysMama

wow.. willow.. I admire and encourage you in your quest for a better life.. don't ever feel alone either.. plenty of us (..myself included), have come to realize our need to make a change after some particularly 'embarassing' incident(s). I know I could definitely share a few of my own w/u.. (..but in a private msg..haha..), but just always know you are not alone in this next phase of your life;-) Best wishes<3
Old 03-12-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello, and welcome.
I'm an alcoholic, too. It took me a long time to realize, but here I am. I'm glad you joined here. I joined over five years ago and have a little over two years sober. Took me awhile.

Now, I have a great life. I don't embarass myself so much any more, and when I do, I can laugh at it in the knowing alcohol didn't play a part in it.
Sobriety is a great life and I wish it for you.
Best to you.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

Hey Willow glad you are here. I am so glad I found freedom with the help of SR
Old 03-12-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

http://www.ktitular.tk

I am An Alcoholic. It took me a very long time to admit that I was that person. I first told myself that I was young & carefree & I was just enjoying myself (even though I had 3-4 drinks before going out to drink). I then got into the worst battle ever..." I don't really have a problem, I JUST NEED TO DRINK IN MODERATION." I'm sure most of you know where moderation led me. Now here I am after "attacking" my husband (who is very supportive), cursing out his mother (who has also been very supportive), and peeing all over myself in front of them both! I have been a reader/ bystander on this site for a long time & I'm finally ready to commit to get sober...While there things that are more embarrassing, peeing on yourself in front of your mother-in-law is probably pretty high up! I hate the person alcohol has made me & I'm determined to stop it today!
this is really appriciable to accept it...