Notices

My worst relapse yet...

Old 03-11-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My worst relapse yet...

So I had a 7 day bender...after going 5 days sober. I started on Friday night and went on till this past Friday. I believe I got border line alcohol poisoning...I drank about 12 beers and a 5th of bourbon whiskey. I woke up Saturday in my own ****...around 430pm...I couldn't get out of bed...I slept so long that I got severe back pains...which lasted yesterday and I still feel them today. My headache is gone, but I feel so blurry still. My wife was amazing..she didn't yell or judge. She just said..."you shouldn't drink...I wish you could see that". I started small, then just kept pounding the beer and whiskey. I went out of state for 4 days...and drank with my family..nothing at all the amount I usually drink. I didn't want to make a mess of myself. I believe this fooled me into thinking I could drink in moderation when I returned. I was wrong. I returned on Tuesday evening...drank at every stop at the airport. By the time I got of the airplane I had drank 10 beers and 4 shots of liqour...spent around 100 dollars in the process. This went on through Wed-Fri...Friday being the final day. I spent Saturday and Sunday totally comatosed. Now I'm at work trying to function...lol...

As said before I'm gettting ready to go on a deployment for 6months and will be totally dry. I want to get help...I want to be free of this sickness...How many times do I say this. How many times will I get fooled again. I feel like I almost died Friday night...maybe I did maybe not...but I know that is not healthy to drink that much.

Gotta get going...work calls.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

im guessing your a young bloke . Maybe it was good to have that experience because it will help you reduce the amount you intake. Good luck at work
Old 03-11-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

You've been given ample suggestions in previous posts. Employ some of them.

Good luck.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DeltaBravo View Post
My wife was amazing..she didn't yell or judge. She just said..."you shouldn't drink...I wish you could see that".
It's been my experience, that this is exactly when you should start worrying...it's a common last ditch defense to begin shutting down and separating emotionally...good luck, man...
Old 03-11-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

It'll be easier to get used to being a non-drinker now than having to suddenly stop drinking on deployment. Easier said than done, but find a way to stay stopped this time. You want to get help, so get it. Answer me this, what can you do today - provided you're well enough - to get help? All the best.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it comes down to what you're prepared to do DB - so what are you prepared to do?

D