Notices

detox

Old 03-11-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

detox

Hi, i am keith from manchester uk, i have just come out of detox unit, i spent 10 days there, not a nice experience, recovering at home now hope to get back to work soon, fed up sat in house, i am still a bit weak through not eating properly whilst on recent bender, hoping to go to local support group meeting this evening if i can motivate myself, would love to hear about other peoples experiences post detox, all the best keith.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What kind of post detox treatment did they give you? The detox I came from set me up to an Intensive Outpatent Program as well as the local recovery group. I had very little problems when I first got out of detox my first time around. It was a clean break and they did a good job of preparing us when we left. Of course they're all different.

I recommend going to that meeting you mentioned, getting some numbers and checking to see if there are any other additional outpatient and relapse prevention groups. I had alot of issues with my Post Accute Withdrawls. I suggest if you don't have one already or if you do to go to your physician and let them know you just came from detox so they can be of assistance if you need any test or even some medicine to help you with anything.

Don't waste the time you had to be away in that experience which you did not find comforting. Let it stay with you that you don't want to return and you've started and completed the first pathway to recovery.

You'll be alright brother, just take it one day at a time.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

detox

Hi flyer, thanks for your message, i was given a weeks supply of camprol, vitamins and blood pressure tablets, i have got rpeat prescription from my gp, i getting better but still suffering from depression, i am on anti depressants also. I am going to attend a local help group, once again tthanks, it helps talking to people who have been there.
regards, keith.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome mercedes!

Congratulations on getting sober! After I stopped drinking, it took a while to feel positive and healthy again. I learned a bit about patience in that time(!). It does get better, though, so hang in there! Glad you're being proactive in your recovery and welcome to a great place.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome keith,I don't have experience of rehab but SR has been a great source of support and strength for me
Old 03-11-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Keith

Is this the first time you've quit drinking? I never went to rehab but after I quit I did feel pretty rubbish for months but it does get better. Glad you're getting some support and I am sure SR will be of help too x
Old 03-11-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Keith

D
Old 03-11-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Keith!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Keith.
Great site you just joined.
Read and read and read.
The hard part is over.
Don't drink!
Give yourself a chance to recover. Be kind to yourself.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Do everything you can so you don't drink. If you still drink after doing everything you can then go to AA.

That's the only thing that worked for me. I had to surrender ... not fight.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 03-11-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to have you with us, Keith. I was able to stop drinking after 30 yrs. due to the help and support I received here. This is a great place, and we all understand how you feel. You can do this.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thanks for message, yes this is first time i,ve quit the drink, must admit i feel lousy, i am eating and sleeping ok which is good but my head feels like its full of cotton wool and still a bit shaky and depressed, hopefullly this will pass, all the best, keith.