Notices

Dr now enforcing lower dose

Old 03-24-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks. Fam are all good. It's been decided the business I run will not be able to be opened until September now so I am out of work for a few
Months.

I'm really up and down. Saturday could not get out of bed, spent all day sleeping or crying, today up early, had all 5 kids bathed and fed and ready for school an hour early. Go figure.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
in the drain

Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis View Post
I've only had 15mg today! That's a big reduction and it's 3.30pm. Need to stay strong and just have anoter 15 for the rest of the day. About to go to gym.
see? you can do it!!!!! great job!!!! I'm totally happy for you.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thanks
Old 03-24-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good luck at the doctor. I think it's a great idea to take in your bottle so he can see you are keeping to the schedule. I also think it's a great idea to take some printed out literature with you -- like the Ashton Manual -- that has recommended tapering schedules. there is actually a suggested PDF made to print out to show doctors some of the prevailing evidence for the need for slow tapering.

I know it's has been mentioned to you before, and it certainly doesn't seem to make sense on the surface, but exercise is actually not encouraged during benzo withdrawal. I don't know of any other drug where exercise is discouraged, but exercise increases the chance for some pretty nasty side effects.

And I hope you doctor appreciates that small dosage decreases are to be spread out. I think the prevailing wisdom is a reduction every 10 days.

And i again encourage you to have someone dole out you daily dosage. if it was me, I would instantly grab an extra hit when things started going south.

Good luck. Your courage is inspiring.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Just remembered my printer is out of ink but I'll get him to google it if I think he's going too fast. He's always googling stuff while I'm there lol.

It's so hard for me not to execute as my Ed brain is already going hey wire with the couple of kilos from the ads.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Your initial cut was pretty steep, 50 to 60 mg to 25-30. I would hope he stabilizes you there for several weeks and then start a very slow taper from there.

I can't post the link, but normally the first google hit you will get is from a very well established benzo site in the UK. Dr. Heather Ashton leads the effort and began solid research into benzos and withdrawal issues in the 1980s. She is thought of as one of the world's leaders in benzo addiction and withdrawal.

Again, if you join one of the benzo withdrawal forums, don't get to hung up on the horror stories. I think the power of suggestion freaks us out. Then again, I have yet to read of someone who had the horrific experience I did, but I went cold turkey from a massive dosage.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I hope he does too. It didnt sound it at the last appointment/(. Definitely don't feel stable. I have looked at the Ashton stuff before. Certainly makes sense. I will make sure to bring it to his attention .