Notices

Hi, New Here... Binge Drinker

Old 03-10-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi TH, pull up a chair plenty of room in here
Old 03-10-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Hello, and welcome! I am 39, and truly just started drinking about 5 years ago. Sure, I'd have the social cocktail on occasion, but my DRINKING came way later in the game for me. I started drinking out of stress. I had a severe family situation, and it relaxed me. Then it just got to be more and more, till it was every day. More often than not I blacked out, and was so so sick the next day I wasted whole days.
I got sober for a good long time. Recently, the stress is back, and I have been able to moderate. I recognized the danger in that, decided to come back here, and screwed up, got drunk last night, and feel like crap today. I am so disappointed. But today is a new day, and I am very optimistic. I was sober and HAPPY before, I can do it again
Old 03-10-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

Welcome julez
Yes you can do it again
Mick
Old 03-10-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Stress

As far as the stress goes, perhaps just try different coping mechanisms...can you see a counsellor for tips?

Kelly
Old 03-10-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome! We are glad you are here. SR will give you information and offer you courage and hope until you can rely on your own. You did a great job by posting.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Tryingharder,

Wondering how today went. Drop us a line and let us know.

T
Old 03-10-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome, Trying Harder!

Your post could have been mine. I'm your age, and rather than bingeing, I just put away 3/4 of a bottle of wine a night. Your line about "What am I going to do about my little friend" were my thoughts exactly. Feeling tired? Have a glass of wine. Feeling good? Have a glass of wine. Upset? Mad? Sad? Bored? Sick? Chardonnay was my BFF.

You have a plan, which is good, and I'm thinking your family will be very supportive too. It's embarrassing to say "I have a problem," but from experience I can tell you they already know.

Please join us in the March 2013 club. There's a thread for that on the forum. A lot of us have joined just within the last few days. You come too. I feel a lot better, and so will you.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

My buddy Branches just said the same thing I was going to. Trying Harder you and I are the same age and I just found out Branches is too, she and I have been finding similarities with each other's stories. Come and join us in the March Class, there are lots of buddies there and nothing but support and encouragment.