Notices

Day 3...and I feel grumpy, espeically now

Old 03-09-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3...and I feel grumpy, espeically now

Its that time of night tonight...its been two nights without drinking and I have read online hear about "Urge Surfing" and "Sugar Hits". Is this what I'm going through? Will this get any better. Plus, I feel fatter now than I did before I quit...what's up with that? Hope you all are not feeling what I'm feeling right now.

God Bless,

Eric
Old 03-09-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Urge Surfing is a technique to deal with cravings Eric

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

Day three is pretty rough for nearly everyone I think?

D
Old 03-09-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Eric. This is perfectly normal. Day 3 is very difficult and challenging for most of us. Yes it will get better! It gets much easier, and the anxiety will eventually lessen.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee74. I didn't know that, anything else I should know about day 4? Church is going to be weird going in Sober for me.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Your mileage may vary but I usually found I felt better from day 4 on...lots of sweating tho....

If you feel unwell or concerned a Dr is always a good idea Eric
D
Old 03-09-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I still get evenings like that Eric.

It usually means I need to take myself off to bed, read, be on my laptop, have a warm, milky, sugary drink and start to nod off.

Don't worry about the weight, it's not important at the moment. You are doing the best thing you can for yourself by ditching the booze.

I found I had to find ways of keeping myself occupied on an evening. Thats when I did my drinking. But there were, and still are evenings, when I have had enough of the day, enough of being sociable, or around people and just wanted to be on my own. Then there was only me that could get on my nerves!!!

Just think, tomorrow is day 4 and that's my lucky number!

Take lots of care xx
Old 03-09-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Always takes me at least 4 days to a week before the physical and mental capacities come back. But after that blessed clarity! Hang in there and x2 on seeing the Dr if you keep feeling bad.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have been professionally diagnosed with bipolar disease, and yet it wasn't until Thursday (2 years later) that I decided to come here. Honesty is something I haven't done with myself, until now. So thanks for the recommendations about seeing a Doctor, I am. I just don't think I was going about it the right way. I was hoping they could give me something to replace the drinking...so much for that. I have to be honest with myself and realize that I have to get through tonight...one hour at a time.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

eric, I am right there with you. Practically every sentence. I was diagnosed bipolar three years ago and just came to the forum. Honesty with myself was never my strength. I struggled so hard last night and made it through to today...day 4. You have the right attitude, one hour at a time, and a good tool, urge surfing. I wish I paid attention to that last night instead of freaking out. Anyway, just wanted to say hi. And stay strong!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Eric, it is a challenge to get through the early days without alcohol or something else, but you can do it. I found Day 3 to be particularly tough and it was a stumbling point for me numerous times. You will feel better and you will get used to managing the feelings. You're doing great.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Hang in there Eric. Day 3 was so miserable for me I remember it clearly almost 8 months later. Highly recommend reading up on urge surfing-that helped me so much. I also have huge sugar cravings which I never had before quitting. Will work on that addiction next lol You can do this!

Stop looking for the magic pill that will make it all better. Even the doctors can't fix this-only you can. The good news is, you can!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Eric,

Day 3 was the hardest or me. I am starting over again too, didnt let things get too out of hand, but was having a glass of wine again most nights, last night I had more than that glass, so today back to seltzer, SR and my support network.

Glad you are here.