Notices

ready to quit

Old 03-09-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ready to quit

Hi I'm 29 yrs old and a full time mother of 3. I have been on lortabs 10 for about 6 yrs and up to 15 to 20 a day. I can't do this anymore. But I feel so alone. I have went 2 days went out and felt so horrible and so grumpy. N I was snapping at my kids. And I didn't like it. My husband is getting fed up with all the money that I lie about what I spend it on. Please I'm so scared to go threw the w/d.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ready2bnormal

if you're scared about withdrawal can you see a Dr?

D
Old 03-09-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hello ready. It's great that you want off the merry-go-round and to have a normal life. I hope it helps you to be here where you can find some suggestions and encouragement. We're glad you joined the family.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi ready2bnormal,I so do understand how ur feeling.I was taking methadones oxy's and a prescription from my doctor for vicodin7.5.Of course the vicodins didn't help much after starting on the stronger ones.5 years later,I had to stop the vicious cycle.It's been 7months as of the 7th.I"m quite abit older than u,so don't know if u will feel as bad but the first 3 days are the worst and it takes a while for ur own endorphens to help u feel better so if u can try to take walks to stimulate them and if u have a real hard time sleeping the doc can help with that.Melatonin is over the counter herb that helps with sleep.I was real sweaty for a month,the doc helped with that also. good luck to u and it will be worth it,I promise you.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I'm try to go cold turkey. Today is my first day. And im OK so far. I find one of there hardest parts is being able to talk to someone that knows that I decide to quit and would know why I'm will be the way I will be for a while. But so many of the people I know ether do it or not very good people to lean towards for stuff like this because they believe all u have to do is not do it and there are no side effects from it. I come from a family of drug addicts and acholics. And I was always a good girl until I had my last child. I have so many problems after child birth and my tubes tie. That I actually tryed the pain meds the doc gave me. And I got hooked to the feeling it gave me. Now 6 yrs later I can function normal with out it. I feel like I'm actually messed up when I'm not on them. I don't know if that make any sence. I just want my old life back. I want to know n feel what's its like to not depend on a darn pill everyday. I can't believe I did this to myself. Sorry for the rambling
Old 03-09-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's ok to ramble here. We're here to listen as well as share our experiences. I have no experience with pills but want to welcome you to the family.