Notices

New, Binge Drinker, But not Ready to Quit

Old 03-08-2013, 10:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'll be missing something alright!

Originally Posted by FeenixxRising View Post
I'm a binge drinker. , I have a part of my brain that feels I'll be missing something, that I will no longer enjoy life.
All I know is I was no longer enjoying my life and it didn't matter how much I drank I could never capture that feeling from the beginning of my drinking. I am so glad that I am now missing all the things that I thought I would be missing. Cuz they were not so nice things if I am really honest with myself. I didn't enjoy being in 5 detoxes, 5 psych wards, 4 treatment centers and jail 7 times. Those are the so called things I will be missing if I decide to drink again. No Thank You! I don't miss um! I am missing nothing! Good thread thanks
Old 03-08-2013, 10:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
All I know is I was no longer enjoying my life and it didn't matter how much I drank I could never capture that feeling from the beginning of my drinking. I am so glad that I am now missing all the things that I thought I would be missing. Cuz they were not so nice things if I am really honest with myself. I didn't enjoy being in 5 detoxes, 5 psych wards, 4 treatment centers and jail 7 times. Those are the so called things I will be missing if I decide to drink again. No Thank You! I don't miss um! I am missing nothing! Good thread thanks
Holy cow deeker! I had no idea you had such a "Full" Drinking career.
thankyou for sharing & the reminder to us all that it is so important to not become complacent. Sobriety First.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yep

Originally Posted by YouRmySunshine View Post
Holy cow deeker! I had no idea you had such a "Full" Drinking career.
thankyou for sharing & the reminder to us all that it is so important to not become complacent. Sobriety First.
Yep I really lived. lol Not!!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Omg it's like reading myself.

Binge drink- pass out - anxiety- wanna quit - few days feel better- binge drink- hangover- worse anxiety- suicidal thoughts- wanna quit real bad- feel better- so far so on...

It does not get better, it gets worse. I thought too I could just stop but then I tried and I tried and I couldn't.

Don't wait until you hit rock bottom. Go to a AA meeting and get your life back.

Prion
Old 03-08-2013, 11:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Prion View Post
Omg it's like reading myself.
Don't wait until you hit rock bottom. Go to a AA meeting and get your life back.

Prion
Prion see you just got a little stronger! Way to go. See how this works! One drunk helping another!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks Deeker
Old 03-10-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

So last night I thought I could have one or three beers. Nope, we all know how that works. I'm done. I mentioned I was sober for 5 months last year; I want to be in that place again, a place where I'm not afraid of myself or fearful about who I might hurt when I'm intoxicated, a place where I'm in control and have none of the issues involved with a drinking life. Frankly, being a drunk takes too much work and too much of toll on my life.

Now I set out to work on finding a way to rich and rewarding life without alcohol.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Feenixx,

Whenever I feel like moderating (well, considering moderating), I go to this thread posted by Eternal Q. It helps me remember why moderating is no longer a viable option for me. I hope it helps you as well.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...se_______.html