SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sober weekends are amazing (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/286839-sober-weekends-amazing.html)

Caravagio 03-08-2013 04:15 PM

Sober weekends are amazing

I'm on my 6th sober weekend in a row. Up early tomorrow and Sunday. Interesting work coming my way and more importantly I am able to take full advantage of these opportunities. This is getting to be a new habit. Not wasting my weekends nursing hangovers but living much more productively.In an earlier post I said that I didn't want to be unfulfilled potential. That has become a mantra for me. Becoming part of SR has been one of the best things I have done and I cannot wait to see where I am tomorrow, next month, next year. Thank you for continuing to be inspirational and non judgemental x

YouRmySunshine 03-08-2013 04:22 PM

Love when people post things & makes you think how it ties into your sobriety. I have never counted by weekends, kind of fun to think of that way!
This will be my 8th sober weekend, Longest I've ever gone in MANY years!

Have a great safe & sober weekend!
~Jules

Fallow 03-08-2013 05:58 PM

I feel exactly the same way. Weekends are so much better now it is just nuts.

I don't know how I got anything at all done before.

This will be my 13th sober weekend! Wow.

Alva 03-08-2013 06:19 PM

I totally agree, getting up early with a clear head and no guilt is fantastic not to mention what can be accomplished :)

Happy sober weekend everyone!

quitforme79 03-08-2013 06:57 PM

Yup, I just love my sober weekends and weekdays :) I actually look forward to things with friends rather than sitting home in isolation drinking to passing out.

Don't miss those awful hangovers at all!

CrossFox 03-08-2013 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Caravagio (Post 3852932)
I'm on my 6th sober weekend in a row. Up early tomorrow and Sunday. Interesting work coming my way and more importantly I am able to take full advantage of these opportunities. This is getting to be a new habit. Not wasting my weekends nursing hangovers but living much more productively.In an earlier post I said that I didn't want to be unfulfilled potential. That has become a mantra for me. Becoming part of SR has been one of the best things I have done and I cannot wait to see where I am tomorrow, next month, next year. Thank you for continuing to be inspirational and non judgemental x

Isn't it cool? :Dance7:

I did not think sobrierty would be this fun and productive either. Yay!

Ozgirl 03-09-2013 04:04 AM

What an uplifting post, thank you!

Taking5 03-09-2013 04:27 AM

Actually days are better, period. I drank every single day. Every day was like a combination of New Years Eve, July 4th and Superbowl Sunday for me.

Waiting for the weekend to drink was for amatuers.

ReadyAtLast 03-09-2013 04:38 AM

Great post
I always think that whilst walking up sober every day is great,waking up sober on a Saturday is particularly special

13th weekend for me :)

Stewart888 03-09-2013 04:53 AM

23rd weekend for me...just counted them thanks to all of you... the money saved, the peace I have felt, the things I have got done...when did I have time to drink....
Saturday night for me now...home...safe...aircon on....reading here and relaxing....not to bad....