Notices

90 meetings in 90 days tracker

Old 03-07-2013, 11:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

90 meetings in 90 days tracker

Not very new to this site, but I relapsed last week. I'm going back to the basics, and 90 meetings in 90 days is what has always been suggested to me. I just want to hold myself accountable. My alcoholic/addict mind seems to easily justify any excuse that I can think of to avoid doing any work for my sobriety.

90 meetings in 90 days
I NEED to aim for 1 meeting/day

I heard someone in meeting sharing that they had to do 2 meetings/day to make up for some time they were sick. Of course my mind automatically starts thinking maybe I can do 3 meetings/day so I can take the weekends off. There is a reason for me to stick with 90 in 90. It's so that the meeting, at the very least, can remind me for 1 hour out of the day that I'm an addict/alcoholic and why I NEED to stay sober.

March 6th meeting: check

March 7th meeting: check
Old 03-08-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My opinion on this is not popular, but 90 meetings in 90 days is recovery industry BS. This is found no where in the book. The early AA pioneers had 1 meeting per week. That's it. 90 in 90 is not nearly important to your sobrity as is what you do the other 23 hours a day for those 90 days.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great plan, Recovery1983! I did 90 in 90 at the start and it's given me a good foundation. I know what my mind is like. If I decided to go to 3-4 a week, I'd find an excuse to not go each day. Committing to one every day removed all the excuses. My sponsor calls it "clever feet".

It also gives you a great opportunity to check out different meetings and find a few you like and to meet lots of people. Best of luck with it, hope all goes well.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

90 in 90 came from rehabs. is it a good idea? i didnt go to rehab, but it sure helped me. just remember that going to meetings and not drinking doesnt treat alcoholism. getting a sponsor, a higher power that would help me with all my problems, and working the steps, then practicing the principles in all my afairs is what got me to be recovered from the hopeless state of mind that made me drink. it also gave me a life i could never imagine in my wildest dreams.

keep goin to meetings! all of the promises in the big book will come true if you work for them.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I go to 3 or 4 meetings a week. I started at 5 or 6. But some weeks I have made only my homegroup or no meetings. I started burning out and just needed a week off here or there.

There is no way I could have done 90/90. Today is 90 days of sobriety and I cannot imagine going to that many meetings. Of course I have a 2 year old child to care for too and a wife, job etc.

If you can do that more power to you! I wouldnt beat yourself up if you dont get it perfect though!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am also trying the 90 in 90 approach. So far it is going well but I am only on day 5 so time will tell. I know last night, I had a craving just about all night long until I finally went to a meeting and heard all the applause for those who were getting there chips. That really motivated me to stay sober for the night.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Many of us exclaimed, "What an order! I can't go through with it." Do not be discouraged. No one among us has been able to maintain anything like perfect adherence to these principles. We are not saints. The point is, that we are willing to grow along spiritual lines. The principles we have set down are guides to progress. We claim spiritual progress rather than spiritual perfection.

Just make progress not perfection!! Keep going back!!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

March 8th meeting: check
Old 03-08-2013, 08:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Way to get back on track!
Heres to your next sober 24!
Have a great couple of meetings this weekend!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

March 9th meeting: check
Old 03-09-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Good going, R-1983!

My wife and I did 90 / 90, although we count some sponsor meetings in there too. We continue to go to as many meetings as possible.

For the first thirty meetings, I identified myself as being in my first thirty days of recovery. I hope you are doing this if they ask at your meetings, "Who is in their first thirty days?"
Old 03-09-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Coldfusion,

Yes, I have identified as a newcomer for the last 4 meetings. It's not a big meetings, so I see the same faces every meeting. I'm going to continue to identifying as a newcomer until I hit day 30, but I feel like a broken record identifying every time.

Since there were only 13 people at the meeting tonight, EVERYONE had to talk. It doesn't matter if I have 30 days or 6 months, I always get anxiety and start sweating when I talk. This was one of the reasons why I used. Anyways, I shared today and I did sweat .
Old 03-09-2013, 10:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

My wife didn't identify herself 30 times as being in her first thirty days, and she didn't get coins for one month or two months. But she did get a coin for three months, and took it with her for good luck at a job interview. Well, this is a small island we live on--the interviewer asked my wife about her drinking--and so she reached into her pocket, showed him the coin, he said "God bless you!" and she got the job!
Old 03-10-2013, 12:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wow, that was very honest of your wife to do that. Knowing me, I'd probably say that I do not drink. Just curious but was there a specific reason why the interviewer asked about her drinking? Did she lose her last job from drinking?

I personally hate the whole counting days thing. It's depressing to go back to day 1 after I've gone for over 7 months in the past. I also don't like getting my 24 hour, 30 day 60 day, 90 day, etc. chip. If it was 1 year or more then I might pick one up, but I think it's more of the fact that I hate drawing attention to myself. Even when I hit 6 months, I actually hated it because I was still miserable. I mean, my goal of getting sober for a period of time is not for a coin, but I am told that life is much better. When I get there, life still sucks and it's somewhat of a disappointment. I dont know, don't mind my negative talk. I'm just bitter about this whole sobriety thing.

BTW, congrats to your wife though.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

March 10th meeting: Check

I almost didn't make today because I was feeling extremely lazy. However, I dragged my a** to the meeting, and then I had the energy to do some training.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Originally Posted by Recovery1983 View Post
Wow, that was very honest of your wife to do that. Knowing me, I'd probably say that I do not drink. Just curious but was there a specific reason why the interviewer asked about her drinking? Did she lose her last job from drinking?
As I mentioned, this is a pretty small community--we think the owner of the business spoke with the sheriff (my wife has a boating-under-influence conviction). It is a matter of public record...

Now, NO MORE OF THIS "ALMOST DIDN'T MAKE IT" STUFF! You realize that you have made a commitment to people ALL OVER THE WORLD to go to 90 meetings in 90 days! As I said above, I counted some sponsor meetings in my 90 / 90 (actually, we had no Monday meeting until January, and Thursday there is only an NA meeting, so it's pretty hard to do 90 / 90 here). Do you have a sponsor yet?

Old 03-11-2013, 01:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I would be so paranoid if I lived in a small town and everyone knew about my legal battles.

I've had the same sponsor for the last two years, but I haven't called him yet. I don't want to keep bugging him especially when I continue to relapse. I was going to call him this week after getting 10 meetings under my belt.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

March 11th meeting: Check
Old 03-12-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

March 12th meeting: Check

Had to go to a noon meeting cause I wont be able to make my regular 6pm meeting. I'm glad I went since I'll be hanging out with some friends, and I think they'll be doing some drinking.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Recovery1983 View Post
March 12th meeting: Check
You are so funny, You have the same sponsor for 2 yrs but you haven't called him yet? That made me laugh so hard. I have had the same child for 22 yrs but I haven't conceived him yet. lol Sorry just playing with you. I think you are doing great! Keep up the good work!