Notices

Big Dog Day by fishingmattr

Old 03-07-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Big Dog Day by fishingmattr

Hello, it's been another Big Dog Day! Well yesterday I went to see my probation officer, and again I passed another U/A! That's great! I'm so happy with my sobriety. The judge and the DUI court team are really happy with me. Their planning my graduation on may 22nd. So i'll continue my responsibilities as I should. Since it's been a little over a year since I last drank any alkahol, Ive been able to put a lot of things in order in my own personal lifestyle. Nothing better then freedom!!!!

Well, "Big" that's my dogs name, and I have been hiking as usual. We have'nt found any antlers in a while. We have found a lot of skeletons in and around the wood's though. Finding a lot of potential firewood for next winter. I'm thinking about asking my uncle if I can use his motercycle, a honda 250cc For a couple weeks in the next couple months. I'll take ribbons with me to mark the spots where I find dead fir and larch or even white pine and lodgepole for firewood. Then I'll go up with my truck and get them.

Well fishing season will be upon us here where I live soon enough. I can't wait! I love eating those brrok trout from our high mountain lakes and streams. My dog "Big" likes to jump into the fishing holes before I get a chance to fish. I'll have to watch that. But he loves to go. We'll probably do some camping as well. Scout out more firewood patches and look for deer and elk antlers.

Well I hope I'm not a bore to anyone reading this, but that's what some of my curriculum is. That and a lot of raiking and mowing. I will of course do a lot of scooter riding. I just love to get on my 125cc and ride. It makes me really glad to be sober. I know in my heart that if I was still drinking that I nver would have taken the motercycle exam. But I did and I'm very proud for it. I think if you want a good positive motivating excuse to stay sober, go get the manual. Study it reall good. Go to the exam office in your town and take the written test. It really is'nt that hard. Believe me, you'll pass. You can always borrow a scooter or a bike from someone to ride the riding test. It's a little harder. Their are of course moter courses that you can ride one of the bikes that they have to offer. When you pass, you'll have your motercycle endorsement on the back of your drivers liscence. Then you can start looking for a set of wheels for yourself. I can't tell you how much riding makes a lot of difference in keeping motivated.

Well good luck and god bless. Keep on keeping on. Because if you work it, It'll work for you. And of course you're very much worth it. easy does it, first things first, live and let live. one day at a time.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you and Big are continuing to enjoy the benefits of your sobriety. Beautiful area of the country
Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fishingmattr, thank you.

I have been feeling and doing terribly today and your cheerful post has lifted me and given me hope. So full of joy and life.

Thank you again and hope you are OK. X