SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Methadone (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/286713-methadone.html)

ThankYou 03-07-2013 01:08 PM

Methadone

Jesus. Mine must sound pathetic. I started secretly taking my husband's prescription methadone because he never took much of it. He had months worth piling up. At first I took it to step up a level. I wanted an extra boost when I had to do anything physically challenging. Then I took it when I was going to be around people to make me better socially. And now I've taken it every day for five months just to normal.

I noticed I was addicted. So yesterday I went cold turkey. Today is my second day.

hypochondriac 03-07-2013 02:49 PM

Welcome to SR Thankyou :) x

Hevyn 03-07-2013 03:13 PM

Hi ThankYou. You don't sound pathetic - you sound like someone who wants to get their life back. Congratulations on your 2nd day. We're glad you found us.

Dee74 03-07-2013 03:24 PM

welcome ThankYou :)

D

peanut44 03-07-2013 03:32 PM

Welcome,

I'm not sure what dosage you were using but i have gone cold turkey off of methadone after taking 30-40 mgs. Daily

The worst symptoms peak around a week and hang on for about 2 weeks.

Not trying to scare you or anything and you are not pathetic.

I also started taking mine sharing with a relative who gave it to me for cravings. Neither one of us had any idea what i was getting into.... i had just got out of a 30 rehab for vicodin addiction.

If there is any way you could see a doctor and be tapered off, it would make things easier.

But like i said, it also depends on how much you took a day.

I wish you the best!! :

shockozulu 03-07-2013 11:10 PM

If you are pathetic, so am I. Well, news flash. I'm not pathetic and neither are you.

What I am is an addict in recovery. It sounds like you want to be as well.

ThankYou 03-31-2013 08:47 PM

Thanks for all your comments. I just found them today. You'll be glad to hear I'm clean 25 days. I have learned so much. After taking a real look at my life I saw that for 40 years I had been taking something or another to take me outside myself. I learned about the disease and about addicts. I learned that the little voice that has been egging me all these years was the disease talking to me. It robbed me of my present moments. I kept my attention on when I would be able to use next. I got on the internet and researched, researched, researched. So glad I found you.

Coldfusion 03-31-2013 09:06 PM

:thanks

It's great to hear that you are doing well!

Please check in with us from time to time or offer some support. There's a lot of threads here Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

hypochondriac 04-01-2013 12:51 AM

Well done on 25 days Thankyou! Glad you're doing so well x