Notices

Thank you

Old 03-12-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you

Hi all

I've been surfing this site for a few months now but never joined until yesterday. It helped me stay sober for 29 days in January, something I haven't done in many years!! I started exercising, sleeping great, my moods improved drastically, etc...and that was in just one month!! Then I convinced myself one beer would be ok. Stupid me. Now it's a month and a half later and I'm starting over again. Today is day 2.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know what an inspiration you all have been to me. Reading your posts and replies has give me hope that I haven't had in a very long time. Thank you!!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iwantthis View Post
Hi all

I've been surfing this site for a few months now but never joined until yesterday. It helped me stay sober for 29 days in January, something I haven't done in many years!! I started exercising, sleeping great, my moods improved drastically, etc...and that was in just one month!! Then I convinced myself one beer would be ok. Stupid me. Now it's a month and a half later and I'm starting over again. Today is day 2.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know what an inspiration you all have been to me. Reading your posts and replies has give me hope that I haven't had in a very long time. Thank you!!
All the best to you, I'm on day 3.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by iwantthis
Then I convinced myself one beer would be ok. Stupid me.
Did that about two weeks ago. Restarted last week with better tools. Hang in there and you and I won't be stupid again, ok?
Old 03-12-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Made it five years and then convinced myself that one or two would be it. Now a year later starting from scratch in sobriety and life I feel empowered like never before. Is good to see you here and hope to see your continuing posts. Keep your head up.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR x
Old 03-12-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I think I know where I screwed up. First, the social isolation of not drinking got to me and I wanted to be around people. I went to a bar to meet some friends (who all drink heavily) and I lasted 10 minutes. It's time to make some new (sober) friends, lol. Not sure how yet but I'm working on it. Second, I surfed this site before but didn't get involved. I need a community of people who can relate. I'm glad I joined. It's like a 24/7 AA meeting without all of the AA stuff that always made me run away. I know AA works for lots of people, just not me.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I couldn't be around alcohol in early recovery either. Too tempting to me at that stage.

Read and post as you like. There's lots to like about SR.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there! You are not alone. I surfed this website for 2 years before joining. I would get really focused on getting sober & come here everyday. Then my focus would get less and less & I would stop coming here. Soon after that came a relapse. I just recently joined as well & am so thankful to everyone here too. Unfortunately, as alcoholics a craving can hit at anytime & this is a 24 hour support system. Today is Day 3 for me and I know that we can both do this!