Notices

Prayers please

Old 03-07-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Prayers please

I have a friend I went to school with.
He has a little girl who has disabilities.
She's seven years old.
She has had an illness which has damaged her brain.
Tonight they are turning off her life support machine as the damage to her brain is not compatible with life.
She has brothers and sisters.

A reminder to me that life is very precious and others have it a lot, lot worse.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Life is precious indeed.

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and his family xxx
Old 03-07-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with them too. How tragic.

This is when I get angry with myself for not being able to beat this alcohol thing. I've got a few stresses in my life just now, but nothing anywhere near on the scale of what your friend , his daughter and their family are going through. So what the f*** is wrong with me that I can't just be happy, not drink, and just get on with things? Then I realise how self-pitying that sounds as well. You know what I mean though.....aargh!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Heartbreaking. And those are wise words about life being precious.

I used to work with an Army Lieutenant Colonel -- just the nicest, most upbeat guy you'd ever want to meet. And an all-time favorite coworker of mine. He is a runner, an active guy with a lovely wife and two adorable young sons.

Last fall, at the too-young age of 41, he was diagnosed with a synovial sarcoma and had to have his leg amputated. And as if that weren't bad enough, a runner having to have his leg amputated, the real [witch] of it is that the tumors will STILL ultimately kill him. But he does, at least, have a wonderful support system and his attitude is amazing.

Yet another reminder that life is indeed precious, and another reason not to p-ss away our own health and time with booze.

Prayers for your friend, OP.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You put it better than me, MeSoSober.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((Sasha)) - I'm so very sorry Hugs and prayers to you and all who love this child.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-07-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Prayers Sasha. Prayers.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

She's just a baby.
You know she would probably like to just be able to hold her own head up.

How do you ever get over something like this?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Prayers for her & the family. You are right Sasha...when we think we have it rough, it's real stories like this that keep us in perspective and how precious life is.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sasha, so heartbreaking.

These families too, when you read about them on the news, or anywhere, they are always so strong. It's amazing.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I will pray for this little girl and her family...she will be restored in heaven!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha4 View Post
A reminder to me that life is very precious and others have it a lot, lot worse.
So sorry to read your note.

Sometimes we get so caught up in the act of living and our own struggles that we forget the above.

Prayers go out for that young child.

Jim
Old 03-07-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear this. What a terrible thing to happen to anyone, much less an innocent child. And how difficult it is for all the rest of the family/friends. I had to take my father off life support in 1998. It was very painful and emotional. Many prayers being offered up for this little child and her family.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So so sorry to hear. You are in my prayers.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sasha, I don't know if this will provide you with any comfort, but I will share a story of a little girl I knew and loved.

I work with children with disabilities. They are very special little people and none more so than Ellie. I was her teacher when she first came into school at 3 years old. She was beautiful. Gorgeous big blue eyes and a smile as wide as they come. Ellie didn't know she was different from other children. She couldn't speak, she couldn't walk, she couldn't eat or drink. But she didn't grieve for those things because she had never known what it was to run or play in the park or eat ice cream. She had parents and 2 big brothers who adored her and kept her safe and happy. And she was happy, there is no doubt about that in my mind. She smiled and she laughed more than any child I've ever known.
And when it was her time to leave us, we all grieved, but her Mum, at her funeral said it was Ellie's time now. Ellie's time to leave the confines of the body she was born into, to be free to run and play with the angels.

Thinking of you all at this sad time xxx
Old 03-07-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sasha, in my thoughts and prayers....we should be ashamed of ourselves to ever feel sorry for ourselves. Life is so precious....
Old 03-07-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sasha, thanks for the perspective. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who is affected by this heartbreaking day.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Sasha, sending prayers for you, your friend, and his family. What a heartbreaking decision they have had to make. I wish the child peace and freedom from her disease. The times I feel that life is unfair I try to remember that we are not given more than we can handle.