Notices

What a week

Old 03-05-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Not Alone

What a week

I've had one hell of a week. Running all of the place, battling a chest infection and then having a very close call at a party my brother was throwing. I ended up drinking non-alcoholic beers which, if you look at my post history, I detest, and I rolled someone a joint. What the **** was I thinking?!?!?! I didn't use. I drank some 0.00% beers. They tasted crap. And in the midst of it all I wondered what the hell I was doing. I'm coming out of this illness now. I just wanted to share. The experience made me realise how quickly you can lose it all if you make a few of the wrong decisions. Because I'm ill I (my addiction) has made that an excuse to not go to meetings. **** you addiction.

Natom.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing that Tom and I hope you are feeling better. I had some similar close call experiences and it's crazy how easy it feels to start slipping back x
Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jules

I'm glad you made it out of that mess Natom. I've always enjoyed reading your posts and you have alot of wisdom when it comes to sobriety. You are an inspiration and this is just another example of you handling your sobriety even when in a very tricky situation.

Take care of yourself
Old 03-05-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You got it Natom...**** that is right. It is very scary how quickly and easily our disease finds loopholes. For me anyway, a seed is planted and I am off fantasizing about how things will be "different" this time. I don't stay in that fantasy long, even to entertain that is dangerous. Hope you feel better soon (physical wise) and kudos for picking up on your own bs.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not Alone

I'm slowly becoming accustomed to the fact that in my head their's a little person who wants to kill me. Once I knew the addiction was there it was easier to beat him up.

Natom.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing that. I have not done any of the non-alcoholic beers since getting sober. It would worry me if I did that, much like it seems to worry you. But hey, you didn't drink. You didn't use. You're better than that and you got through the week with your sobriety and a clear head to analyze your situation. Good on you for that - and for being honest here about it. Shows guts.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you got out of it Tom. Hope you are ok
Old 03-06-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks for the tale from the front lines....get back to some mtgs!!