Notices

sober date 2-26-13

Old 03-05-2013, 03:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sober date 2-26-13

I have been battling opiates for almost 5 yrs.. started with oxys then when they stopped making them went to percs..iv tried to quit a million times it feels like.. presently was introduced to suboxon which helped but then when its gone I would have a withdraw from that.. my last perc was on 2-26-13 and I sware by it I'm done.. my w/d are so severe tho.. I'm so depressed anxiety hot & cold flasher killer headaches & Absolutley NO sleep..took two sleeping pills around 1230 & was up at 4 took 2 more & was back up at 6.. I feel like I can't do this alone but I don't want to get hooked on a sub or anything.. how long will I feel so crappy??? I want to cure this addiction once and for all.. I just don't no how much longer I can take it I feel like I'm on the verge of going crazy!!! Please give me some advice.. I'm desperate!!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi and welcome aubreyashlea

I have no experience with opiate withdrawal, but I wanted to welcome you - you may also like to check out our substance abuse forum too:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 03-05-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I am not experienced with opiates it either, but there are many that are. Follow Dee's link and don't give up.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hope you are staying with it. You are almost there. Just when you think it wont stop you will fall asleep for more than a couple of hours and start feeling better. I am also battling the same problem. The real problem after the physical side is dealing with all of the negative consequences. Just thinking about that scares me. truely take it one day at a time or even minute if you have to. Some will say you should not take any meds while detoxing, this is true but if thats what it takes to kick opiates whatever. I also feel alone and depressed but I know these feelings will pass with time. Good luck. The only reason I get to read this is I just got my computer out of the pawn shop yesterday. My wife has already given me a reason to pick back up today but with resolve and support of others I will make it through another 24 hours
Old 03-05-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy