Notices

Nervous about court

Old 03-05-2013, 03:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nervous about court

Today is my 3rd time going to court for the DUI I got during my last relapse in November. I am more nervous than usual today as it is the first time I will be seeing the judge. Today, I will find out if I am accepted to a program that includes classes about alcohol education. If I am accepted & complete it successfully, the DUI will not go on my record. I have no legal history so I am really hoping the judge grants me mercy and approves me.

I barely slept last night because my anxiety about today is very high. However, I was thinking before about how great it feels to be going in there sober and being able to say I have been since that event and will celebrate 4 months this week.

I know that if I keep doing the work and the next right thing, my higher power will keep providing the way to the path I am meant to travel on.

Wish me luck & hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes for a good outcome today, quit

D
Old 03-05-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

good luck
Old 03-05-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
...It's Time.

I have court today to for my DUI i have learned my lesson but NY judges arent very lenient. They still have my truck in the impound and its 6 months later. I just bought a new one yesterday so at least things are looking up.but i thank the ggood lord nobody was hurt. As long as youve learned from this there is a chance at redemption. Best of luck to you today!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys Good luck to you as well Madame. I can't believe they still have your truck I am in CT but am from NY and a friend of mine there had a DUI a couple years ago. The penalties are definitely stiffer there :/ Like you said however it could be so much worse. Thank God we didn't hurt anyone. I have definitely learned from this humbling experience. Being without freedom (license) has been difficult but it has taught me how to learn to ask for help. Something I was never good at. Please come back on here later and let me know how it goes. Hugs to you!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just went through this same process, in NY state actually. I did not have any history of legal issues either, and the judge agreed to a lesser sentence and I will be starting the classes fairly soon. The whole process of being in front of the judge went very quickly and was pretty painless. I was terrified going in but it really wasn't that bad. I know it differs state by state but I am able to get a conditional license and still drive myself to work and doctor's appointments, don't know if that's an option for you but something to look into. Good luck today. Soon this part will be over and you can get on with the rest of your life...
Old 03-05-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you Alison, you have lessened my anxiety a bit. I did apply for the conditional and DMV said I will be getting a letter in the mail this week letting me know if I am approved. This is a big week for me and I hope things are in my favor.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Quit, I don't know about you but I have plenty of things in my past I was afraid of, or thought I'd never get through. And yet here I am, those things are all behind me, and I made it through and I'm ok. It will be the same with our legal troubles, at some point it will be in the past, and we will have learned an important lesson and made changes that maybe we wouldn't have made if it weren't for all this happening. You're going to be just fine today!!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good luck.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well I made it home. It was an experience I never want to have to go through again. The worst part was my ride (who is a friend in the program) was messed up on something (not alcohol) and I went for the ride of my life. I am so grateful God got me there safely. I will complete the program that's offered to me and hopefully feel better as the day goes on because right now I am just so angry at and sad for my friend. This too shall pass...at least I don't have to ever go back to court again. Thanks for everyones well wishes!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Best wishes
Old 03-05-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good luck !!!!! I myself have two :/
At least it will be over and done with and you don't have to go through it ever again.
Wear orange apparently, it's the colour of justice. !!!
Really, really hope you get the outcome you want.
I don't know about where you are but here we can write a letter to the judge to fight your corner. Is that an option ?
Mine worked quite well, I got the most lenient decision he could give
Old 03-05-2013, 01:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good luck completing your program and moving on with your life. I got a DUI 14 years ago and wish it had sobered me up them. Unfortunately, I didn't learn anything from it at the time. But the good news is that I passed the program and had my record expunged a few years back. It has never been an issue in my life and I've had to pass a few security clearances for my career.

Best of luck to you!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad that chapter is over, quit. None of this ever has to happen again.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

If you don't drink you won't have to go through this experience ever again.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad court went well Quit.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

ceps...it went as well as it could. I am very grateful I was offered the alcohol education program. Thanks so much everyone. This day brought back memories of that night which turned into a hospital stay for me. Guess I am still a little traumatized, go figure. But yes, staying sober will guarantee I don't ever out myself in that situation again. Onward and up.