Notices

Resentful

Old 03-04-2013, 11:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Resentful

Whaaaaat happened !!!!!!! ????? I'm so angry resentful I wanna escape and I can't I do everything for everyone and now I can't drink to take a break I'm sitting outside 1hr early waiting for meeting to start I just wanna cry it's all about me looking after everyone !!!!! I wanna break and that's why I drank
Old 03-05-2013, 12:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I completly understand how you feel, I felt the same way! Hang in there, just keep doing what your doing, it will get better!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It definitely will get better. The emotional roller coaster will even out.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by liss74 View Post
... I wanna break and that's why I drank
No, you drank because you are an alcoholic. But when we struggle, as you are now, we seek our reasons to justify the drink.

Resentments are huge recursors to relapse. Be careful Do what it takes to get rid of resentments. The expecation that you have to do everything is sometimes self-created. Set boundaries for yourself and everyone else to protect your sobriety.

Good luck.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post

No, you drank because you are an alcoholic. But when we struggle, as you are now, we seek our reasons to justify the drink.

Resentments are huge recursors to relapse. Be careful Do what it takes to get rid of resentments. The expecation that you have to do everything is sometimes self-created. Set boundaries for yourself and everyone else to protect your sobriety.

Good luck.
Having 5 children yes I do have to do it all and my husband lost his license so yes I have to drive kids everywhere I havnt self created its just a fact I know I'm an alcoholic as I say at my meetings everyday these comments really don't help me
Old 03-05-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post

Good luck.
Yes I know I am am alcoholic I'm 100% on that mayb that's why I go to meetings daily and ID and having 5 kids and husband lost his license yes I am driving everywhere so not self created your comments don't help at all
Old 03-05-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Liss, I'm sure you're feeling stressed with having to do the running around with the children. It's really hard to keep a family running smoothly, and often, we as mothers, put ourselves last. I know I did, and it was a big mistake. Try to find a few minutes each day when you can be by yourself and listen to some music or have a relaxing bath.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Liss, I'm sure you're feeling stressed with having to do the running around with the children. It's really hard to keep a family running smoothly, and often, we as mothers, put ourselves last. I know I did, and it was a big mistake. Try to find a few minutes each day when you can be by yourself and listen to some music or have a relaxing bath.
Yeah so true I'm trying even going to meetings is time out so that's great had a bath the other night with music for the first time just getting used to having lil spare time usually sitting all afternoon having drinks so finding things I like is all new thanks for your reply
Old 03-05-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Carl's point is that even if you have to do a lot (and you do have a lot of responsibilities right now), sometimes the overburdened feeling is more a result of our attitudes than reality. You are obviously a strong lady--you are taking care of yourself in spite of everything. It will get better, promise. Not that you will have fewer responsibilities, but that you will be calmer about them and not feeling as sorry for yourself.

Glad you are taking some opportunities to chill out when you can. Drinking may FEEL like a "break" but the consequences add up to more stress than staying sober.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Carl's point is that even if you have to do a lot (and you do have a lot of responsibilities right now), sometimes the overburdened feeling is more a result of our attitudes than reality. You are obviously a strong lady--you are taking care of yourself in spite of everything. It will get better, promise. Not that you will have fewer responsibilities, but that you will be calmer about them and not feeling as sorry for yourself.

Glad you are taking some opportunities to chill out when you can. Drinking may FEEL like a "break" but the consequences add up to more stress than staying sober.
Yeah I know just get angry cause I know I'm am addict and really fragile and felt it was wrote the wrong way
Old 03-05-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Carl meant no harm.
Maybe in time you'll see what he meant

The truth might **** us off, but it can't harm us Liss.

D
Old 03-05-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Carl meant no harm.
Maybe in time you'll see what he meant

The truth might **** us off, but it can't harm us Liss.

D
Yeah I do see it and I'm def all about truth so I shall move on and b happy about day 20
Old 03-05-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yeah I do see it and I'm def all about truth so I shall move on and b happy about day 20
Yeah I know deep down he meant well ahhhhhhh focus lissssss far out I need to try and trust hand my will over to my higher power ! Think I am then reading all this hmmmm not such a long road sorry Carl x
Old 03-05-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes I know I am am alcoholic I'm 100% on that mayb that's why I go to meetings daily and ID and having 5 kids and husband lost his license yes I am driving everywhere so not self created your comments don't help at all
Sorry Carl
Old 03-05-2013, 08:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

awesome!

D
Old 03-05-2013, 09:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Liss74,
I hope you will be online again to read this. I understand you completely. I left my depressive-alcholic unemployed ex-doctor husband almost 2 years ago. He suffered a head injury in 2006 and instead of doing everything he could to recover and take care of his family he bacame content to live on disability, drink and complain to everyone who would listen about his poor health. I won't go into all the details, but he was dragging me down (I was drunk most days by 9:00 am) and I knew I had to do something. We have two kids, 9 and 11 now. There was talk of taking our kids away.
I left him and moved in with another man almost 2 years ago, creating the biggest scandal in years in the very conservative southern German town where I live.
Because of the guilt, mostly, I continued to drink. The boys,especially the older one, initially stayed with their father.
But the good news is, I finally woke up. I quit drinking 3 weeks ago on the occasion of lent. Not a drop since Ash Wednesday. I am a self-employed translator and since I stopped drinking I have doubled my workload and thus also my income. I pay large amounts of money to my husband so that he can keep the house (my children would be devastated if we had to sell it) and I have to deal with his absolute hatred of me. I am convinced that he is trying to drink and starve himself to death in order to get the ultimate revenge - make me carry the guilt for his death for the rest of my life. And I will. I already do. But I am going to get through these forty days. And then I'll see what I do after that. I can't say I'll never drink again. Never is such an ominous word. I take it one day at a time.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

It's so hard being not resentful and let go hope we can thank u for taking time to write to me stay strong as I will to x
Old 03-05-2013, 10:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

awesome!

D
I tell ya I'm bloody loose cannon sigh x thanx dee I should trust this site it's loving and and people come from a loving place
Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

It's not uncommon for us to go thru a grieving process when we give up the alcohol. We get angry, resentful, sad, little things just **** us off etc. I know I did, as I lost my crutch when I quit. I struggled horribly at the beginning.

You can do this, 20 days is great. It does get easier the longer you stay sober. All you need to do is get thru today. One day at a time.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:14 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

awesome!

D
When I drank it's all about me now I'm not its all about me I'm so sick of me find a balance is impossible very sick I am