Notices

Back to the drawing board....

Old 03-04-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down Back to the drawing board....

Ok so I'm back again needless to say I failed on what I had planned for myself. I was in a really good frame of mind a few weeks ago and that lasted a few days sober and now I'm back to my old ways.

I am going through a tough time in my marriage as well and I think I am relying on my wine to get me through the days.... as well as giving me company while I work from home. Also my husband never talks to me when he gets home as he needs "time on his own to relax". I know I need to start finding new interests for myself to keep my mind from drinking but I find it especially hard come lunch time and I am ready for a glass of wine, which is never just the one.

I have started to seriously consider AA as an option but I really don't like the idea of face to face meetings as it scares me, what other options are out there?

Also I am having serious troubles sleeping at night not sure if its from marriage stress or too much wine.... does anyone else's drinking effect their sleep?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I used to drink at home too. Now I don't.
It's all done to the changes we need to make I think - if you're bored find other things to do.

Volunteering was good for me

If drinking is your coping strategy for stuff - find better healthier ways to cope. It really is worth the effort

here's some Aussie resources

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2273689

I also recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach.

welcome back

D
Old 03-04-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Drinking definitely affected my sleep in a really negative way. One of the best things about sobriety is the improved quality of sleep-it's easier to sleep and I wake up more refreshed and rested. I wish the same for you-sleeping well makes life easier.

I'm with a guy that isn't big on conversation when I want to talk either. I've learned to completely ignore him and read or spend time online. He then has the need to talk to me every other minute lol

Maybe you could go for a walk when he gets home to take your mind off the drinks and make it a pattern.

There are online AA meetings and many other programs if you don't want to go the AA route. You can read all about them here on SR.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

rational recovery
avrt
smart
women for sobriety
power to quit
sos

these have their own websites
Old 03-04-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I never slept well while drinking. Would pass out quickly but then be up every hour to use the bathroom, rehydrate, take advil, have an anxiety attack..ugh Thank you for reminding me of all that, i never want to go thru that again. Everyone recovers differently but at about the 2 month sober mark my sleep improved dramatically.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Alcohol definately affects your sleep negatively. I too would pass out then wake up in the wee hours in withdrawal. Stay sober and your sleep will get back to normal but it does take some time.