Notices

advice please!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

advice please!

where do i start?

saturday will be my final day. ive been abusing heroin for almost a year now and i've decided that its time to come off of it and i need some help.. and answers. i've been through withdrawals before but not for too long. since i started using i don't think that i've gone a full day without it. heroin has come to be an unfortunate best friend.. actually i guess i'm the unfortunate one.
what i need to know is how long the actual physical withdrawal symptoms will last. its those that i'm scared of. i cant go to work while going through them. i usually do about 5 to 6 bags a day, and i sniff them, i don't shoot them. does that make a difference in how long my symptoms will last?? i'm probably going to take monday and tuesday off. do you think that will be enough? 3 days? i will have 5 suboxones that ill get from a friend, and ill try to ween myself slowly off of those.. i just hope that that's enough. i'm nervous about this and i'll need help to get through it.
what should i do? how should i go about this?
answers and support will be greatly appreciated!
thank you!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

I don't think you should try to do this alone. Is there a treatment center near you that could help? Try to give yourself the best chance of success, with medical help as well as counseling through the worst early part. Good luck!!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Heroin is one unbelievable drug to kick. Both times in a treatment center, I saw young and middle aged men and women going through hell for a better part of 3-4 weeks during withdrawals. I'm not trying to scare you, but you are better off going to a detox center. That way when aches and pains start to take place, you'll have the comfort of knowing that you are under the supervision of experienced staff.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've never done heroin before, so my advice is not coming from experience, but from concern. I urge you to please seek medical assistance, if not from a detox centre, then from your gp. You will need monitoring and self medicating with drugs you get from a "friend" really doesn't sound like a good idea if you are genuinely serious about quitting.

Good luck, and I hope to hear more about your progress

RQ