Notices

hi everyone

Old 03-04-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool hi everyone

my name is bikersue and i am having a really hard time right now. i have quit drinking in the past & have been at it again. last time i drank was on the 31st of 2012, was sober for about 6 weeks and have been drinking again ever since...last november i had a massive seizure when i stopped drinking and was hospitalized for a week. i am so tired of all this. can't work, don't want to leave the house, and eat? why eat when i can drink? lol, i know it's not funny, it is sad...today i want to stop and get well..feeling nauseouse and physically ill today. was supposed to work the last two days and did not and supposed to work today and i am not physically capable to go... i know i need to go to the hospital today as the shaking has already started, but have noone to take me...not sure what to do...i really need some help
Old 03-04-2013, 05:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have plenty of people to talk to here bikersue. It is an exhausting cycle of wanting to not drink and drinking anyways. We all get it. But so many here who thought they were a hopeless case, myself included, have found sobriety. Its not an easy road but it is worth it. Get the help you need to build the life you want.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cool

just so afraid...feel like i may have lost this new job i just started and afraid i will have another seizure
Old 03-04-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well the one thing SR cannot give is medical advice. So if you think in any way that you're in medical danger, you need to do what's right for you and get medical attention, whether you call a cab or 911. But once you're medically stable, SR can be a huge support structure in your sobriety. Us alcoholics are in the habit I losin things but you can build again if you and you never have to lose another thing due to drinking.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Sue. So glad you found the site but sorry for what you are going through.

There is alot of good information here and a wonderful support network. When you are feeling better you will want to navigate around and read the sticky posts at the top of the forums. There is some really helpful info there.

First though, you must get to a doctor or hospital. Your body sounds like it has developed a dependence on alcohol and to just abruptly stop drinking can cause serious problems and even death. This is not something to manage alone. Your life is precious.

I'm not sure where you are located, but please call a cab, an ambulance or even knock on a neighbor's door and ask for a ride. You need to get to a hospital.

As for the job, just call them and tell them you are Ill and will keep them updated. Tell them you are going to the hospital and will contact them tomorrow. That's all. Just keep regular contact and continue to tell them you will keep them updated on what your doctor says about when you can return to work.

I am sorry you are going through this. I pray, so I am saying a prayer for you now.

Peace,
Hanna
Old 03-04-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I'm not sure where you are located, but please call a cab, an ambulance or even knock on a neighbor's door and ask for a ride. You need to get to a hospital.
Ditto to this.. and then come back and let us support you the rest of the way!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hannas advice is great Sue - I hope you went to the hospital?

D
Old 03-04-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bikersue View Post
why eat when i can drink? lol, i know it's not funny, it is sad...today i want to stop and get well..
Be proud of yourself for reaching out for help & expanding your sober support system to include SR site. Lots of years of wisdom, and great advise & people here.

Also I totally get the comment about eating. We were just talking about this in treatment, quite a few of us girls had been craving sweets & eating way more than ever before.
I even made the comment, "Holy crap you can pick up a fork just as easy as you can pick up a bottle = who knew???"

I know in a whole its not funny but something an alcoholic can truly relate to!
Peace
~Jules