Notices

I can thank God that I'm still alive...

Old 03-04-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool I can thank God that I'm still alive...

I have been clean and sober for just over a year now, and although i have much gratitude for still being here today, I often wonder why? Alcohol abuse, malnutrition and no exersise physically damaged me, my health will never improve but with a very healthy lifestyle, i can maintain my life. I often find myself very angry and looking for someone to blame, but I only have myself to blame... I destroyed my health with the choices I made but I feel like there is no more quality of life anymore, who should live like this? But then i remind myself that everything happens for a reason and I must have a purpose although I havent found it yet! Through all this madness I know one thing... that I have learnt and that it was because of my selfishness and my arrogance that I have landed up where I am.. I am unable to do the things I have a passion for because of my health, I am restricted to certain fun activities, I cannot indulge in delicious foods because although I am sober, I have to pay for the damage I did! This really is for me, a life or death situation and sometimes I just want to give up but that would just be selfish of me... I am a fighter and I look forward at life with as much positivity as I can Easy does it!! One day at a time
Old 03-04-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep fighting Nixi

D
Old 03-04-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Welcome! Keep us updated on your progress. I don't know your age or the damage done, but the body does have an ability to recover. Don't let the damage you have done in the past keep you from living a sober future. Yet another trick of the AV.