Notices

mom to a 23 yr. old heroin addict

Old 03-02-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

mom to a 23 yr. old heroin addict

Hi. I am new to this forum, bt here for support and information. My youngest daughter has been an iv heroin addict for 3 years and is currently hospitalized for her heart, with a sepsis infection. so she has beensober for about 30 days now, but going crzy for cigarettes or marijuana! They had her on patches and then she was using e cigs, but ran out. She is a bear almost every day. One minute she is as sweet as blueberry pie and the next minute she is like some alien from hell!:
Old 03-02-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I hope that your daughter continues to stay sober.

If you like, you might check out the Friends & Families forum on this board for more support.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Maybe you need a group for support, they have them for family members? The act of her self destruction must be so hard for you to have watched. My heart breaks for u, as a mom and one who has been in a place at one time when my son did crack, it killed me. But he did clean himself up, has not used in years. He is clean going and going to college has made it at a job making great money before being laid off no one building,he worked on elevators. Hang in their hope is our best friend, never give up that hope that she will accept help and change for life.