Notices

question

Old 03-02-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

question

this site seems much to complicated for me....question: what is threads?? -- and where does this message go?? is there a directions page... i don't know what tags are or trackback...

Old 03-02-2013, 03:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi iamsondra! Welcome!

Yes, it can be confusing at first but you'll find your way around in no time. A "thread" is just a topic with a series of messages. You'll see the section "New to Addiction and Recovery". In that section, there are two main parts: 1) Newcomers to recovery and 2) Newcomers to recovery daily support threads. The second section is for continuation of the monthly threads started in the first. To explain that: each month they start a thread for those who join that month or are working on getting sober that month.

For example, we are now in March 2013 so if you want to join the daily support thread, just look for "Class of March 2013". Once that thread gets to a certain length, a new one is started as "Class of March 2013, Part 2" in the "daily support threads" section. Outside of the monthly "Class of ... " threads, anyone can start a thread for a sobriety-related question or comment and others can respond.

"Tags" are "Thank you" notes. At the bottom of each post you'll see a list of names of those who have thanked the poster for their note along with the date. I haven't figured out "trackbacks" yet, lol!

Sassy
Old 03-02-2013, 03:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi sondra

You find nearly all forums are like ours.

You've started a thread with your first post - your initial message will stay here as the inital post in this 'thread'...soon others will respond to it like I have and the 'thread' of messages will grow...

Just to slightly correct Sas, tags are not thank yous

a tag is something - a word reminder - that you can add to this thread to help you find it later, like 'introduction' or 'my thread'.

It's not a necessary thing at all.

I've never used trackback

It may seem bewildering but you really will soon get the hang of it

D

Last edited by Dee74; 03-02-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was so scared when I first came here....

It is a type of connection I had never done before .... over the internet...forums...private messages...chat...

just try things out...It's not really hard, but if you are new to this sort of thing it's a bit scarry at first.

In a few days or weeks (depending on how often you come here) you will find it pretty easy

Remember...if you make a mistake in how to do this...the absolute worst that can happen is that some one will help you understand how to do it all good.

I'm easily intimidated...but I found a nitch here and you can too (hugs) glad you are here!

Nands