Old 03-03-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
~sb

How are you doing today, Someguy23?
Old 03-04-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1
How are you doing today, Someguy23?
Surviving (let's see who gets the reference).

I'm tougher than I look, physically at least, and I was pretty much fine by noon saturday. To be honest though, I had some palpitations saturday morning.

I've bought a new hoodie and am wearing it right now. It's snugger than the old one (more motivation to stay in shape, I guess) but also warmer. I could get attached again.

The intertubes suggest that moistening a vomit stain and then pouring baking soda on it can lift it out. I'll try it on the smaller stain on the carpet, and maybe the mattress if it works well. I asked at the furniture store and can buy a replacement mattress for 100$. Am considering it.

I've found out what I took on friday and from whom (because my friend proposed to put me in touch with his contact). No idea how much though.

Anyway, today was day 3.

Originally Posted by gratefulkp
i apologize, perhaps i misunderstood.
No apology necessary. I have a tendency to (try to) joke and act flippant about everything. It's a defense mechanism.

People who know me in real life know this about me and know there is little correlation between how serious I sound and how serious I am. I forget how easily it can throw someone off.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Hi someguy...

I do not know you, but I can tell you this with certainty...you were meant for so much more than figuring out how to remove vomit stains and replacing a lost hoodie.

Addiction is exhausting. You can find freedom. So many here have. I love your quote from AIW. Do like the cat says, someguy, keep walking. xo
Old 03-04-2013, 08:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

SomeGuy, I know this is very serious business but you did make me laugh, and I understand trying to find the humor to get through a bad situation. It's a useful coping skill for life. Maybe you can put a photo of your hoodie on Facebook and someone will find it for you lol

I think you're figuring out that you can't moderate your alcohol intake. You probably knew that already, but testing it isn't working very well for you. It didn't for most of the rest of us either. You really might find it easier to stop completely, even though that seems hard to imagine. I don't think in terms of never either, but SR and AVRT have helped me to string together 7 months in a row sober and I wouldn't have imagined I could do that.