Notices

Left over from the meeting tonight...

Old 03-01-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Left over from the meeting tonight...

I was participating in the online meeting tonight in the chat room which, by the way, is an excellent resource here at SR and one I encourage you to try if you have not yet done so. Anywho, the topic today was inner strength. I shared that I have found in my journey thus far, that there is no one who has more inner strength than I do...and no one that has any less.

In other words, if you can do it - so can I. And if I can do it - so can you. The only difference between folks is - some know how tough they are and some don't. I'm nothing any more special than anyone here or anyone who has yet to get here - and I'm no less special either.

This month I've had two unexpected deaths in the immediate family including mom. No life insurance. Both my wife and I getting the flu and I upped the ante with strep. Did I mention no health insurance? Wife started a new job in another state, car called it quits on her way home one day... thank goodness February only had twenty-eight days in it!

And today I celebrate 7600 continuous days without a drink or a drug. It doesn't matter what's going on in your life today - life happens and sometimes it's uphill, sometimes downhill - it always changes. What never changes is: you don't have to pick up today. If I can do it, so can you.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the inspiring post Legna, and well done on 7600 days! I have no idea how long that is but I know it's a long time x
Old 03-02-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"And today I celebrate 7600 continuous days without a drink or a drug. It doesn't matter what's going on in your life today - life happens and sometimes it's uphill, sometimes downhill - it always changes. What never changes is: you don't have to pick up today. If I can do it, so can you. "

thats over 20 years!!1

amen!!! so greatful today that no one told me my life was gonna be down a golden paved road, but i would be able to trudge the road to happy destiny.
i used to think i wanted my life to go down a yellow brick road, btu then i saw what dorothy encountered. used to want a bed of roses,too, but them thorns sure do hurt!
Old 03-02-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi ((legna)) I loved your share. You're an inspiration to me! Talk about "inner strength"...my goodness, you've sure pulled from the well this month. I'm so very sorry for your losses. I hope March brings you all the goodness you deserve.

Thank you for posting!

Best Wishes To You