Notices

Sometimes you're the windshield

Old 03-01-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Like the new pic of your kitty fandy.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I can relate..... i stillshudder sometimes when i think of my last relapse. But the more sober days i stack together the further i get away from being a person that behaves that way. Im still dealing w the consequences of one night of drinkig and will be for awhile. However, we can use these experiences as lessons & even come to fully accept them as blessings. Because i may still br out there if that didnt happen to me & obviously theres another plan for us
Old 03-01-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Weasel1966;3841566]Sometimes you're the bug.

Today I am the bug. [QUOTE=

Hey Weasel that is a line in a song by Mary Chapin Carpenter, Sometimes your the windshield sometimes your the bug,
Old 03-01-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Hopefully you're a ladybug because they're good luck
Old 03-02-2013, 01:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I agree with mecanix. Get some sleep and hope for a better tomorrow. I am heading into my third week of depression and anger. I am not craving a drunk but I am craving a lift in my spirits.
I think depression and anger going on for that long are things which need to be looked at , rather than just trying to sleep them off .
I have days where i just seem to be out of synch with the world and say the wrong things and have miss-understandings with people , thats untill i realize it's one of those days so then i shut my mouth and wait till bed .

If i had anger or depression running on for more than a day i'd be looking for resentments of memories from the past interfering with my mood today or my projecting into the future as if i'm some kind of psychic and getting stressed today about those "visions in the flames" ..

The best place i've found for me to live is today , the topps for the future is my next pay cheque, maybe as far as a summer holiday or visits to friends/family.

The past i'm at peace with and let it all go other than my memories wich are the "lucky stones" memories which can be a memory of a then bad thing , as for instance, my last hangover which now is good to re-visit, so today feels great and puts me in a good mood . It can be nice memories as long as i don't dwell to much and make today feel bad by comparison , so i'm aware and weary (mindful) of how they make me feel now .

We all have the most powerful "organic computer" in our heads . It supprises me how little we tend it .

It's as though we inherit some land , unshelterd to passing squalls , seeded with both weeds and plants , rather than cultivating it and making some shelterd gardens where we can tend the good and weed out the bad , we just expect the un-tended land there to shelter and nourish us ... which if you think about it is quite a bizzare thing to expect .

I hope you all get a handle on it and are able to change your experience of now without the use of external stimulants , it is possible ,

Bestwishes, M
Old 03-02-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

deeker... I love MCC... saw her live... she is awesome.

M... organic computer? i like that. mine has a few bugs... but solvable.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good stuff, Mecanix. Having a bit of a "bug" day here and remembering my last hangover made me get over a pitty party. Much has been accomplished since the last hangover and drink was never a part of it. It's time to get on with living on this Saturday.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Like2Hike... i cannot tell ya how cool that is... new perspectives and all. good for you!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Ken...Still waiting on your menu!. I put the beans in the oven ready in 6 more hours.

Jim
Old 03-02-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Jim... Meatloaf today! Bacon on top so it gets crispy! Make a brown gravy from scratch. No cans or jars around here. Redskin potatoes with rosemary and a it of garlic. Baby carrots.

Send me a pm with the bean recipe.

Damn this site makes me hungry all the time!

K
Old 03-02-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I am feeling much better today. Sleep helped. You helped.

Just a lazy lazy day here.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Ken....Awesome! Now the homemade beans don't seem quite as good. Gravy from scratch. Way to go!

Glad you are feeling better today!

Jim