Notices

Middle night withdraw blues

Old 02-28-2013, 10:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Middle night withdraw blues

here I lay worn down, body wake up screaming WHAT HAVE U DONE? Give me the dam DRUGS!!!!!! NO Overreaction the is war, go on don,t take the dam drugs or start allllllll over again. Can not wait to get more sleep!! THE Body is still HUrTing!!!!!......
Old 02-28-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you can at least get some rest Oz.

D
Old 02-28-2013, 10:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I guess now I took a muscle relaxer, maybe . I know its funny how I take this drug to try to get off that hellish tramodal .but I really couldn't do it alone. 6 days of pure helllllllllll.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Still awake !!!!!! So much for my muscle relaxer.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If you lie still, your body will still get some rest, even if you aren't able to full-on sleep.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
now's the time

Try listening to music, the radio, or an audio book with your eyes closed, lying down, in the dark. It'll help keep your mind off of things and even if you don't fall asleep, you'll get some rest.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Tramadol? I thought that was not addicting? Anyways I hope you looked to your Higher power for some relief!We cant do this alone
Old 03-01-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Tramadol is sooooooo addicting, it's a big lie that gives us a big ok i will take that for my pain. Most Dr.s now are reading more about the reports of people being addicted.So I did thsi so called non addicting drug for over 15 year. Then my body started have withdraws because I had built up tolerance. My Dr. Didn't call it that he called it restless leg syndrome . Also gave me Vicodin, I knew it was addicting and tried hard to cut back if I had to increase my use. . I did not link thus yet restless legs with drug tolerance of the tramadol just thought my spine had fused more and it was causing other symptoms. Thank God for the require for the restless legs, because when u quit the tramadol the body fights with horrible restless leg pain. That's when I knew all these last few years I had built up tolerance for the drug and the restless legs was sign of drug not working as it had. But over 15 use I can see how that could happen, did not then but now I do .. So research the drug and addiction and read all the post about the crazy insane horrible side effects before u ever start this drug. I have a type of arthritis and it can be passed to my children the spine fuses, well my son has it and started tramadol a year ago, he takes 1 a day, 50 mg. He was busy and forgot to mail order his drugs,so he ran out, guess what he had the restless legs and insomnia . I think the insomnia is do to the serration up take in your brain and it goes crazy when you stop the drug. So I really hope no one takes this drug. The depression has been horrible too. One article stated it can cause brain damage, so all those big drug company's tell the Dr and list it as non habit forming, trust me it isssssss. Today is day 6 and the withdraws are still crazy. Don't start this drug please.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand your frustration with the drugs, but we can't give medical advice here. Each of us has to speak to his/her own dr about such things and it's always a good idea to do research.

I'm sorry you're having a tough time and I hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Are you going to Narcotics Anonymous meetings? You don't have to do this alone, many of us can't do it alone.

I wish you the best.

Bob R
Old 03-01-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Really I was not giving medical advise I was tell my story about the drug, and its a story lots of people have. And my intent was that others do research on all drugs to stay out of recovery!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I can't go to na meetings, I live in a very small town and I am a hospice nurse. I see all these people in this community. I could not do that if people knew. I mean I will do this, my meds came from Dr. and i had scripts. It just that it was still addicting. I know I am just proud, but I love my job and I could not put that at risk. I can' t tell anyone but my spouse and kids. So I post out of frustration and being worn out. Thanks for the help, I have been telling people the same thing treatment is important, But for some people it can't happen, it's like seeing a judge in treatment. We are seen as super people who can't have these problems. Not that I feel I'm better than others to go, I wish I could, but I could not find faith from people in this community after that fact that I was going to drug recover meetings.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

So, what are you going to do in order to get help?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

Originally Posted by Oz11 View Post
I can't go to na meetings, I live in a very small town and I am a hospice nurse. I see all these people in this community. I could not do that if people knew. I mean I will do this, my meds came from Dr. and i had scripts. It just that it was still addicting. I know I am just proud, but I love my job and I could not put that at risk. I can' t tell anyone but my spouse and kids. So I post out of frustration and being worn out. Thanks for the help, I have been telling people the same thing treatment is important, But for some people it can't happen, it's like seeing a judge in treatment. We are seen as super people who can't have these problems. Not that I feel I'm better than others to go, I wish I could, but I could not find faith from people in this community after that fact that I was going to drug recover meetings.
Yeah I totally get what your saying about aa/na. When I relocate this summer I doubt I'll go to meetings very much, if at all, because thats not the kind of reputation I want. Having a problem with alcohol is a part of my life, not my entire life, and I don't want to give this situation more power than it has to have already.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by YoungAndClean View Post
Having a problem with alcohol is a part of my life, not my entire life, and I don't want to give this situation more power than it has to have already.
This is where I get lost with AA and recovery... Shouldn't we be ashamed that we drink and not that we admit we have a problem and as a result not drink anymore? Why are we ashamed about who we are? We can't help that were alcoholic! All we can do is what is right for us to find recovery and stay sober. I think we should be proud of ourselves everyday we manage to stay sober. I think that if we feel shame over our disease we won't be able to fully heal and anyone who judges us for being alcoholic is not worth our time... but then again the what the heck do I know?
Old 03-01-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oz11 View Post
Take a look in the secular section here. There are some alternatives such as AVRT that work well for many people.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

What is avrt?
Old 03-01-2013, 10:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

AVRT stands for addictive voice recognition technique and it refers to recognizing when your limbic or reptilian brain, which is the seat of addiction, argues with your more highly developed neocortex. Some argue its a great way to deal with addiction by recognizing when the addictive voice stemming from our limbic brain begins to chime in with thoughts that defer from what your goals are with drugs/alcohol which involve your neocortex.

There is a ton of information about it available on the internet try looking it up if your curious to learn more about it.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Another night blues

Feeling better tonight. Still can't sleep? Have headache,stomach hurts. Back hurts. But restless legs better. Chills much better. Laughter today from me, meds have surppressed that for some time. That laughter felt so good after so much pain emotionally and physically from the withdraws. Life will return.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm sorry this is so difficult for you right now, but I am very happy to see that you are laughing again. I have to admit I would love to see that you are going to some NA meetings as well but that's for you decide. Life does get better.