Notices

Why have I NOT LOST WEIGHT!!

Old 02-28-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why have I NOT LOST WEIGHT!!

I have lost a little but I think it was bloat. I drank 1-2 bottles of wine a day and stopped 6 weeks ago and I have a few little treats here and there, but I weighed myself today and lost NOTHING!!!! How can that be???? I am so discouraged (about the weight, not drinking) I know i'm right smack in the middle of menopause, but anyone go through something similar?
Old 02-28-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not everyone loses weight when they quit. Could be water retention. I only lost a little and then piled it on with the sweets but I drank a lot of beer and wine, I would have thought I would have halved my daily calorie intake, but the weight loss certainly didn't reflect that. I don't know why.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I didn't eat much when I was drinking and when I quit, my appetite came back with a vengeance. Have you been replacing the alcohol calories with more food?
Old 02-28-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Menopause is tough I honestly believe it played a role (not making an excuse though) in my wine drinking and weight gain. Hang in there and maybe add a daily walk?
Old 02-28-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I actually gained weight but needed to...I was barely eating while drinking. Maybe it takes time to level out. Our bodies went thru a lot of abuse.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

I'm frustrated too. I'm not in menopause but I have lost nothing. And I ate when I was drinking. Hang in there
Old 02-28-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Are you being more active? You may be building muscle which could be why your weight hadn't changed. Ive dropped 2 dress sizes in the last month but still weigh the same.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RocketQueen View Post
Are you being more active? You may be building muscle which could be why your weight hadn't changed. Ive dropped 2 dress sizes in the last month but still weigh the same.
Same for me although it has only been one size. But my weight has also remained pretty much the same (give or take). One thing I am noticing and LOVING is the lack of swelling. My hands and face actually look normal again. I didn't even realize how puffy I was until I stopped. That in itself has me feeling better even if I am still not losing the pounds/kilos
Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've gained rather then lost and I had the same type of wine habit. For me I think it is the ice cream I find myself craving although it is tapering off. I do have less bloat and I at least feel a lot better now! I'm very peri-menopausal and having a change in my medication so I know that is part of it. I know for me it is much better for me to focus on the positives of being sober and therefore alive rather then being a little more rounder then I would like to be. The weight doesn't fall off from everyone just because they stop drinking. I'm sure sober looks great on you!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ptcapote View Post

Same for me although it has only been one size. But my weight has also remained pretty much the same (give or take). One thing I am noticing and LOVING is the lack of swelling. My hands and face actually look normal again. I didn't even realize how puffy I was until I stopped. That in itself has me feeling better even if I am still not losing the pounds/kilos
Me too. Love not being bloated. Although, ive been actively trying to lose weight and my ED is in full flight again now that im not drinking and my appetite has come back with a vengance. Feeding off the complements I get about looking like ive lost weight, even though I secretly know its just the alcohol bloat ive lost :/