Notices

For the first time.....

Old 02-28-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile For the first time.....

Wow........after spending a couple of hours reading through multiple posts on this site ~ I honestly had an "aha" moment! It was like God reached out and slapped me right across the face and heaven knows I've needed it! I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to whomever created this site ~ I have been going through unbelievable depression. I am on day 5 of completely cold turkey detox from years & years of Rx meds (like that made it ok......NOT!) I know this sounds crazy, but it truly made me feel like I knew several of you, due to the similarities in thoughts, patterns, feelings, etc. So, thank you, thank you, thank you for giving me that "BOOST" I've needed and so desperately looked for.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You found a great site! Please stick around & learn, share, and find great ways to stay sober!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

glad you found SR!

are you working with a doctor?
Old 02-28-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR So SickOfPain
yep, it really is an awesome place

D
Old 03-01-2013, 03:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, indeed

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
glad you found SR!

are you working with a doctor?
Thanks sugarbear! Yes, I am working with an internist, cardiologist, as well as my neurosurgeon. Against all three of their opinions, I have chosen to attempt dealing with my physical pain without the help of prescription meds. I've certainly said LOTS of prayers and hoping I can do this!
Have a great Friday!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You can do this!!!!!!! Say it out loud!!
Reaching out for help is never easy but it shows you have the will to succeed...that alone is power!
Glad your here!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kimmers View Post
You can do this!!!!!!! Say it out loud!!
Reaching out for help is never easy but it shows you have the will to succeed...that alone is power!
Glad your here!
Many, many thanks kimmers! Your sweet message alone has given me strength this morning I was so desperately needing.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoSickOfPain View Post
Thanks sugarbear! Yes, I am working with an internist, cardiologist, as well as my neurosurgeon. Against all three of their opinions, I have chosen to attempt dealing with my physical pain without the help of prescription meds. I've certainly said LOTS of prayers and hoping I can do this!
Have a great Friday!
I found the answer to my drinking problem along with the answer to my thinking problem(s) in Alcoholics Anonymous.

Please Google and read AA's "How it Works" and see if you can identify. I found the answers to my problems in the 12 Steps.

Just my experience but the pain I felt was mostly caused by "spiritual" shortcomings and I tried to mask it with booze and Valium. I don't need either today.

What does your doctors say about attending AA meetings?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 03-01-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=2granddaughters;3841306]I found the answer to my drinking problem along with the answer to my thinking problem(s) in Alcoholics Anonymous.

Please Google and read AA's "How it Works" and see if you can identify. I found the answers to my problems in the 12 Steps.

Just my experience but the pain I felt was mostly caused by "spiritual" shortcomings and I tried to mask it with booze and Valium. I don't need either today.

What does your doctors say about attending AA meetings?

All the best.

Bob R[/QUOTE

Thank you for the uplifting words.......unfortunately my pain is physical. I struggle daily with managing it. I have spoken with my docs numerous times and since I have "gone against medical advice" the only recommendations I get have been things like "when your bo goes stroke level high-come see me" & my neurosurgeon said "you can't manage your pain without some form of help -you'll have no life". So since I am hanging on a wing and a prayer daily.........I took control myself and pray I can prove them both wrong!