Notices

anyone seen "smashed"?

Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zapped

anyone seen "smashed"?

Anyone have any thoughts on Smashed? is it better than "flight"?

I saw Flight, could relate to some of it, waking up with bottles everyplace...but overall it wasn't that realistic. Most people's bottoms don't occur when they crash an airplane and end up on the stand in court.

I thought the beginning of old film "28 days" a lot more realistic. She was partying, having a lot of fun...but somehow things were just not working out. like most of us a lot of denial issues, do i need to really stop..wasn't so bad..etc.

Anyone dealing with denial? I just got 1 year, don't want to forget where i started!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think every practicing alcoholic is in some sort of denial. We can only conquer it when we stop denying the problem.

I too liked "28 Days" and also "When a Man Loves a Woman". Haven't seen "Flight" yet, but have it recorded.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I never saw smashed, but liked both 28 days and flight and could relate to both of them for different reasons.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Suko,
Yeah, I definitely have times of denial and need to remind myself how close I came to losing everything. I have been sober 9.5 months now and I don't want to forget either. I spent my day off today reading posts and it helped. I never want to go through that pain again.

I also had a hard time relating to flight. I was a binge drinker and it never interfered with my job until the last day I drank. The day after I had to call in sick because I was still drunk 18 hours later. That was my wake up call and I joined SR and quit.

Congrats on reaching the one year mark!