Notices

5:00 - Now What

Old 02-27-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

5:00 - Now What

Well made it through the workday and I will be fine tonight. However I have such a hard time transitioning from one thing to another.

I think it will be helpful to have a daily agenda so I know exactly what I am doing with my free time. Even if I have two or three days I allow myself to veg in my room after work. Or give myself an option of two things.

It's the all of a sudden it's 5:00 what am I going to do now that makes my mind start racing. I could do this? I should do this? I want to do this? I need to do this? I don't want to do that? What about this and what about that? Then the anxiety hits Then of coarse comes the well maybes - and we all know they are no good.

I think an agenda is going to be helpful; as long as I don't fill it too full.

This is so not normal, but it is me so I will work with it.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I still plan evenings either with kid activities, the gym or reading a book.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How long

When do you start to feel normal? Been on ultram and Vicodin for over 15 yrs, how can that be.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

But I have made it into day 4!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oz11 View Post
But I have made it into day 4!!!!!!
Awe - Your tears made me sad. Now wipe them away. Day 4 - good for you! I am only on day one Oz (again).

I haven't taken that type of pill. Alcohol and other pills yes. I think regardless what the substance is; the issue is still the same for all of us Oz. Addiction and pain. But we CAN turn that around into joy, peace, and comfort.

I have played this game before and it does get better Oz. What is the longest time you have been sober?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tramadol user for over 15 yrs for medical reasons but I am now addict. Up now at 2:17 why because the drugs are out of my body and they want moreeeeee. So now sober for only 4 days. So drug sick from withdraws even after 4 days.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

Try planning your time around meetings.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Is there a meeting you can go to ? Always fills my evening. Looking forward to it, enjoying it and then thinking about it afterwards ... Plus it gets me out of self
Old 02-28-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tramadol user for over 15 yrs for medical reasons but I am now addict. Up now at 2:17 why because the drugs are out of my body and they want moreeeeee. So now sober for only 4 days. So drug sick from withdraws even after 4 days.
Did you finally get some sleep? Hang in there Oz.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yeah - for some reason my downfall is always in the evenings - usually after work.
For some reason my memories of the problems caused by drinking just melt away.
I'm going to work on that.
My plan is to set aside at least 15 - 30 minutes at the end of the work day to work on my sobriety. Maybe a meeting. Maybe reading a sobriety book. Maybe working the steps.
Anyway that's my plan.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oz, I de-toxed myself from (Prescribed) opiates twice. Not fun. Exercise helps, hot showers etc. If you are at Day 5 you should start to be feeling better. Do NOT GIVE UP!!

PK-having scheduled activities or plans is a big help. You are so on the right track.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I went a work meeting shivering and tring to hide it. After 4 days u would think it would be out of my system but over 15 habit I guess this 50 ish body does not know how to function without it. I work nights 14 hrs on call , can't sleep day time very long or night time very long. It's hell, but I did one more day!!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

U others hung tight the up hill road is going to be worth it,
Old 02-28-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I went a work meeting shivering and tring to hide it. After 4 days u would think it would be out of my system but over 15 habit I guess this 50 ish body does not know how to function without it. I work nights 14 hrs on call , can't sleep day time very long or night time very long. It's hell, but I did one more day!!!!
Yeah OZ. So proud of you. It will get better Oz - I promise. Hang in there. See you tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day one again is better than not trying . We often have to repeat a behavior before we find victory. But u didn't throw in the towel and say forget it. Day one is good,,, hope to see u post day 2 . I plan to post to u day 6 in a.m. think I lost a day. My brain really is not thinking clear, from all the lack of sleep. Goodnight my sober recovery friends, who knew life had so many problems.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Never thought I had an issue because Dr said I had this medical condition, so the pills helped for a long time. So sober is a hard word for me. Used every since I can remember, come from addiction family, should have been my first clue that maybe I MIGHT have some issues with drugs, even if legal. But no I just take them until they stop working go in get a higher dose when they stop working , go on my merry way until they stop workings gain, Go in get higher dose or add more pills, that will help. Over and over again, until this 50ish body starts having medical issues because of these drugs that I thought helped me be a productive person. Which they finial stopped that to because these pills cause you body to hurt so you will give it more pills. So I hate to say this but sober 6 days in a.m.. Just never saw it that way.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank u so much for the encouragement , chills and hot spells better, further apart. Body aches still crazy and restlessness even with requip drug for that, worse than when I was taking the pills. But the insomnia is crazy today is day 6 . Last couple days of nights no sleep, maybe 2 hours. Have been doing hot baths. The hard part is I do normal life in day time. Get a long nap and do on call for 14 hrs, can handle it with nightly interrupted sleep if i have to go out for a few hrs. I would gladly sleep now. what is with that sleeplessness? But now with no sleep, I can't take off due to my husband had cancer and I used all my days off when he was doing 6 weeks in hospital. Crazy, the one thing is this site just to come on at 2:00 am and type something to someone helps. So here's to one more day off the bad stufffffffff.