Notices

Higher Power at work

Old 02-26-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Higher Power at work

I am sick and can't sleep so I was just laying in bed thinking about how I probably won't be going to work tomorrow. This led me to think of how much extra work I will have on Tuesday lol I then realized that since I have been sober, I haven't been getting as many alcoholism cases as I was when I was at the end (height) of my drinking career. I work in social services and see many sick people every day. I used to think it was so ironic how I seemed to be getting all the cases with people addicted to alcohol and drugs. Boy did I see some BAD BAD cases. Some of the people I worked with were DYING from drinking and I just kept going home after work and hitting the bottle. I don't think it's ironic anymore that these cases found their way to my desk. I think that was my higher power trying to "gently" remind me of the path down which I was headed. I love seeing that connection, it really makes me smile. Another thing is that I won't feel guilty about calling out of work tomorrow. I am not hungover nor partying the night away. I am simply and truly sick and will see the Dr in the morning to take care of myself
Old 02-27-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can imagine how good you feel about that. I have loved that the times I have been off sick since I have gotten sober have been through actual sickness. Guilt free
Old 02-27-2013, 03:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Little connections like that are amazing. Some people tend to brush off little moments like that as coincidences. I know I used too. But then everything got to the point to where it was obviously not a coincidence anymore. I found that when I am more receptive to things, little things happen.

Natom.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Thanks for sharing this. I remember feeling guilty when I called in sick to work. I would use it as a flop day and just party the day away. Those days seemed to always go by so quickly, too!!! I was so full of myself that I would truly worry if my boss or someone with importance from work would show up at my place just to "check" if I was really sick or not, and find me schwasted.

Glad you are going to see a doc to get yourself looked at.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yup fernaceman, I would hide from the phone calls because I didn't want anyone to know I was drinking or hungover when I was supposedly "sick".

And Natom, I think one of the best gifts of sobriety is being able to SEE these connections. My higher power was in my life always, I was just to out of it to realize.

Dr called in antibiotics for me and now I just have to wait for them to kick in. Should be back in my normal routine tomorrow
Old 02-27-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Feel well, quit!