Notices

danthaman

Old 02-26-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

danthaman

my story..
Ive been drinking since i was 17. I was declared a ward of the state when i was 10. My last memory of my step father was him pushing my mothers face against a gas lit stove. 10 years on... my gp has told me that my liver.. the way it is .. i cannot live beyond 30.. I dont want to die i want to live, i've tried so many times but i cant stop drinking ne suggestions
Old 02-26-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you considered rehab Dan?

D
Old 02-27-2013, 12:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Rehab could be a good choice. We have to remember how lucky we are down here ( I take it yr in oz ? ) that we actually do have access to all these amazing opportunities that I'm learning people in the us just don't. I'm trying to use that as motivation. I havnt used rehab but I have contacted my doctor , the govt run alcohol and drug councelling service , it's all been free and amazing support. It feels good just to offload it. Even if you start like that ? It sux what our parants put us thru. That's why I'm here to stop putting my kids through it too. It's up to us. People like me and you that have had a **** time to break that cycle. When we do that it ends. How amazing is that thought ? Here for ya if you need to talk mate.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So many people have brought their health back from the brink Dan, you can do this too. Just get as much support as you can, you just need to find what will work for you. For myself, I used the people here as my jumping off point. I really couldn't stop drinking either, I had tried many times over, but being in a place where many people had got sober before me was very inspiring. When I finally put the drink down I just did everything I could to stay sober. Relapse terrified me, which was good in a way because it hasn't happened Read around here and post lots. You will find out everything you could possibly want to know about recovery here x
Old 02-27-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are posting Dan. You will find by reading the various posts on this website that many of us drank because of some not so great things that happened in our past. Maybe your drinking was a way to deal with your past. I hope you can find a treatment program as it will really help you! Keep posting.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dan, please do whatever you can to help yourself get sober and stay sober. There is always hope. Rehab would be a good start.