Notices

I'm trying to kick the tramadol habit

Old 02-25-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question I'm trying to kick the tramadol habit

I've been on it for 6 weeks, for a knee surgery and am working to get off of it. I was taking 6 - 7 50 mg tablets a day, and am now down to 3 1/2 or 4, but having some withdrawal and depression, which gets better as soon as I take the next dose. My Dr. has prescribed Wellbutrin. Has anyone tried this for dealing with depression while getting off the tramadol. Any other suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't think so, but I do know that Wellbutrin is used for helping people withdrawal from cigarettes and alcohol, so maybe it can help you too. I don't know about the physical side effects though, did you ask your doctor? Maybe you can call his/her office or the pharmacy for some professional input.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wellbutrin is used to treat depression and does not have the typical side effects of other anti-depressants like weight gain, and sexual dysfunction. It normally takes 7 to 10 days to kick in but varies for every individual.

I am on Wellbutrin now for mild depression and feel better although have only been on it for a few days so I believe it has not fully kicked in yet. There is much more info out there on the web. Wish you all the luck and hope you feel better.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I do not know but I am 4 days clean of 15 plus 300mg daily dose. Have had some other drugs I had to help but check with your Dr, he could work it out and monitor it for you. U can do it too!!!