Notices

Miss my family

Old 02-25-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Miss my family

9/10 people in my family are addicted to something. Alcohol, heroin, painkillers etc. When I got sober my active alcoholic father stopped talking to me. My heroin addicted brother did too. And I know they did this because in their hearts they want me to get better and don't want to dump on me. But I miss them. And now that I have been sober for a few months, I want them to have hope like I do.

That this life is better. That we can be together as a family and share happy times without the drugs and alcohol. I am not judging them. I know they have their own journey and like me, can only do it when they are truly ready. Both have been in the program so they know help is there.

It just sucks and today I went and bought gifts for their upcoming birthdays. Makes me sad that I won't see them but I am happy that I am sober to plan to mail them their stuff so they get it on time and can feel special on their birthdays and know that I am still here thinking of them and praying they get better.

I am so grateful for SR and for AA because I need to share these things. Makes my heart hurt a little less.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

((( Quit )))

D
Old 02-25-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, I needed that