Notices

booze is really expensive...

Old 02-25-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

booze is really expensive...

... especially when you buy a bottle on Monday, and pour the remains down the drain Tuesday morning vowing never to drink again, then buy a bottle Tuesday afternoon, and pour the remains down the drain Wednesday morning vowing never to drink again...then buy a bottle... you get the idea. Tonight instead of drinking maybe I should just burn a stack of money..same thing.

(hitting forehead) Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Emmy69 View Post
... especially when you buy a bottle on Monday, and pour the remains down the drain Tuesday morning vowing never to drink again, then buy a bottle Tuesday afternoon, and pour the remains down the drain Wednesday morning vowing never to drink again...then buy a bottle... you get the idea. Tonight instead of drinking maybe I should just burn a stack of money..same thing.

Look at it this way - at least you aren't drinking the whole bottle every night..it could be worse. Make the choice to stop and you'll realize a lot more benefit than just financial.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Been there, done that.

I've read posts on here from people saying they found hidden bottles full of booze in their house long after getting sober. Never happens to me. I almost always bought alcohol thinking I was quitting the next day. Always a 1 day supply.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with Scottfromwi, at least you arent drinking the whole bottle and every day you wake up, you are committing to stop drinking. One of these days, you wont buy that next bottle.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You are learning something, Emmy - maybe a bit of an expensive lesson, but worth it. Better down the drain than in your system causing havoc. Proud of you!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you again Emmy.
I think to stop for good we need to make changes and we need to find support.

Do you have any ideas on those fronts?

D
Old 02-25-2013, 08:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The amount of damage alcohol does to our bodies and the damage to our friends and family then one could say it's cheaper to pour the alcohol down the drain than drink it.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Emmy69 View Post

This post got me thinking, quitting should save me about $300 a month!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I did the same thing for years Emmy. Mostly I'd drink it all thinking it was the last time though which I am sure what made my drinking much worse in the time I was trying to quit (3 years before I came here). Have you tried getting some support or checked out any recovery methods to help you quit before? x