Notices

Codependent XGf

Old 02-24-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Codependent XGf

I have been reading many of the posts on this websites forum for the past month. It has helped me greatly and slowly been opening my eyes.

I dated a guy for only five months that was addicted to pain pills/sometimes also did other drugs. I know that is such a short amount of time to be with someone but with tomorrow being a week since we have been broken up... I have found peace in reading everyone's stories and having people to relate to. I have realized that I became codependent on him and his addiction and it was beginning to affect me at my job/my future. I am a very motivated individual with goals and dreams but that had diminished. I am attending a Nar-Anon meeting tonight and have been blessed with so much support from family and friends. This website has been my biggest comfort zone, though and I am grateful for everyone who shares their stories!

Here's to my own type of recovery and prayer for his sober recovery whenever he may choose to seek it.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
now's the time

5 months can be plenty long when you're absorbing someone else's troubles! I once had a three month relationship with a severely depressed person that threw me into a tailspin for nearly a year. Good for you for recognizing the situation and seeking help!
Old 02-24-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for reminding me of that because I felt as if it were a very long time! I didn't think I could have this much trouble breaking up/being broken up with with someone I was with for such a short amount of time!