Notices

Reaching out....

Old 02-24-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reaching out....

Over the past week or so, reading and occasionally posting here on SR has been a lifeline for me. It helps me to sort my thoughts. Reading stories of success and failures are equally inspirational, and I thank everyone who has had the courage to share their very souls.

Today, I am on day 11. I've been trying to keep as positive as possible, but I must admit, I am struggling today. I woke up very emotional, cried for awhile, had an argument with my husband, and now must leave for work. Guess what? I work in a bar. Ugh!!!! I can't skip the day. It's not an option. There is a major event taking place that I must host. Patrons and employees will no doubt offer up the drinks throughout the day. I must stay strong! Why does this have to be today, when I am feeling weak? Okay...done ranting. I'm hoping that putting this in writing will help me to stay accountable to myself.

Please send me positive vibes....

Best to everyone today, and again, thank you all for putting yourselves out there and sharing. It helps to read your stories.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

You can get through this.

When at work, and this 'event' is going on and you are serving those drinks that others request, look around you in your mind, and picture those of us here at SR ALL there with you and all of us with a coffee, or tea, or 7-up in our hands, TOASTING you for the great job you are doing in your own recovery.

We will be with you in spirit!!!!!

Please report back when you finish your shift.

Lots of love and bunches of hugs,
Old 02-24-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so very much Laurie! That is just what I needed to hear. I have huge tears in my eyes-grateful tears. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Here I go....

Have a beautiful day!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

see you soon MV

Bestwishes, M
Old 02-24-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just close your eyes for a moment and reach out your hand. Yep that's a whole line of us waiting to grab ahold of your hands and give you strength, reinstall hope in yourself and comfort you when times get tough. There are thousands off us here when you need us and we will be there for you.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you guys, for your support and encouragement. It meant a lot to me today. It was good to be accountable to myself, but I also did not want to update you with any bad news. Your kindness is so appreciated by me.

The event went off without a hitch. I was so nervous beforehand, but it wasn't so bad after all. It was certainly different. I have used alcohol to relax myself in social situations in the past. I was quiet, and reserved today. But you know what? That is my nature. I'm not going to fight it anymore. It felt a little awkward, and uncomfortable, but if I can't be social without booze, then too bad. I think that at this point, I would rather be a recluse and feel healthy and well, than be the disaster waiting to happen that I have been for years.

Thank you again for your thoughtfulness and support. Have a wonderful evening!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
You can get through this.

When at work, and this 'event' is going on and you are serving those drinks that others request, look around you in your mind, and picture those of us here at SR ALL there with you and all of us with a coffee, or tea, or 7-up in our hands, TOASTING you for the great job you are doing in your own recovery.

We will be with you in spirit!!!!!

Please report back when you finish your shift.

Lots of love and bunches of hugs,
This advice saved me tonight from drinking, read my story under "awesome victory"