Notices

coping!

Old 02-23-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

coping!

Hi. I'm brand new to this site and to talking about this subject at all. My boyfriend has been going to a methadone clinic for a year now. He has been battling opiate addiction for 3 years. He has been my best friend for 7 years and we have been together for 2 years on and off. I have seen him in other relationships and know he is capable of showing love and affection. But as he puts it..i got the short end of the stick because the pills (even the methadone) cause him to have an almost non existent sex drive and when we are together he can't finish. This really bothers me. I try to not let it but I'm left feeling like I'm not good enough and crying. Most of the time it's better to not even try. He also doesn't like to talk about his feelings or show any emotion. I love this man so much but this is killing me inside. Anyone have any idea how to deal with this? I know he's going through so much and i don't want to seem selfish but i can't live like this forever...
Old 02-24-2013, 12:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR ejsmalls

You might wanna repost this in the friends and family forum, you'll get more help there Have you considered looking into Nar-anon? x