Notices

24 Hours!!

Old 02-24-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

24 Hours!!

Well I have officially made it through the first 24 hours and it was the easiest and yet the hardest thing I have ever done (if that makes any sense)
I did not sleep well - I felt anxious and very aware of the fact that I did not drink last night. The shakes however, seem to have gone which I am grateful for. I still do not have an appetite - although from reading on here I gather that is pretty normal right now....
I plan to attend my first AA meeting tomorrow night - I don't honestly know if I will actually go as I am still struggling with the idea that I am an alcoholic.....
Well I am going to keep myself busy today as I know that the journey has only just begun.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Sammi:

Go to the meeting and listen to the members .. you will soon become aware whether you are one of us or not.

All the best.

Bob R (near Windsor)
Old 02-24-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters View Post
Hello Sammi:

Go to the meeting and listen to the members .. you will soon become aware whether you are one of us or not.

All the best.

Bob R (near Windsor)
Sammi:

Congrats on your decision to quit, it's one of the best (if not THE best) choices you'll ever make. Welcome to SR as well. There is lots of support here. And if you aren't "one of them", please know that there at many more support groups besides AA that can work.

Best of luck!