Notices

Day 10-Healing

Old 02-23-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10-Healing

Good morning.

I have so much that I'd like to say, but I need to kick it in gear and get to work! I thought that I would throw out a couple of thoughts real quick before I leave in order to hold myself accountable for the day.

Today, I will not become overwhelmed by the mountain of responsibilities that have fallen to the wayside. All those things I ignored while drinking.... This has been a hard one for me because I get very anxious over the "to-dos". Everything is in shambles and I have been feeling terrible about the condition of my affairs, from finances to basic household stuff. The thing is, I need to heal. I can see this in this moment. These other things can get sorted out in time, little by little. I can't berate myself for not getting on everything at once, that will only add to the madness. Besides, I did so little while I was drinking, so why feel the need to do it all when I am in a time where I recognize that healing my body and my mind should be the top priority?

On another note of healing-my face is so much less puffy today! I love this outward sign that things are healing on the inside. It may sound petty, but this reward (so to speak) tells me that I am on the right track.

Gotta bolt to work. Best to everyone. I hope that you find all of the support and inspiration that you desire for the day.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I think setting realistic things to do each day in manageable amounts is good .

For example, when drinking post used to mount up to intollerable proportions . these days i open everything when i get home from work , take everything out of envelopes , bin everything but the essencial , file my bank statements and share statements in a big draw .
I then put corespondance and bills in a pile i sort through every saturday morning as i drink coffee and watch the telly and then walk to the post box to dispatch .

Bestwishes, M